For the race in Dota 2 lore, see Naga.
Slithice, the Naga Siren, is a melee agility hero who can be played both as a late-game carry and an early/mid-game support. Slithice is an item dependent hero yet with the right style and inventory choices she can overpower many other heroes that deal strong physical damage while casting her active abilities to handle her enemies altogether and turn the tides. Mirror Image creates three illusions to wreak havoc upon her enemies. Ensnare is a very useful spell with several unique features. It not only holds an enemy in place, but also prevents them from blinking and going invisible. Rip Tide calls the forces of the seas, allowing the Siren and her illusions to unleash a wave of magical water to wash away foes and degrade their armor. The Song of the Siren is the ultimate ability for team battles; Naga Siren performs a mystical song to put her enemies to sleep in an area around her. Song of the Siren is her tool for initiation, as while her enemies are under her slumber her allies can come forth and prepare to unleash their attacks after the song wears off. Time is Naga’s best friend, for as the game wears on, Slithice will gradually consume more and more of the map and engulf enemy towers and heroes like the rising tide itself.[external_link_head]
Slithice, the Naga Siren
▶️ “I sing the Siren song of war.”
Among the high-sworn of the Slithereen Guard there is a solemn vow oft repeated before battle: No Slithereen may fail. In truth, these words are equal parts oath and enforceable covenant, for those who fall short of their duty are banished from the order. To fail is to be other than Slithereen.
Once most highly esteemed of her race, Slithice for many years commanded a battalion of her fellows, using her formidable voice as her greatest weapon. Powerful, sinuous, serpentine, she led her deadly Guard in defense of the Deep Ones, and the great wealth of the sunken cities. But in the final battle of Crey, her forces were driven back by a marauding army of levianths intent on finding tribute for their god Maelrawn. After the long and bloody onslaught, as the bodies were cleared from the sunken halls, a single jeweled chalice was found missing from the trove. Of her hundred Guard, only a handful survived, but their bravery and sacrifice were of little consequence. What mattered was that treasure was taken. Honor destroyed. And so Naga Siren was cast out. Banished to search for the stolen chalice. Though she might add a hundred times her weight to the golden trove, she is doomed to live apart until that day she returns that which was taken. For no amount of gold is equal in honor to the honor she lost.
Creates multiple images of Naga Siren under her control.
Cast Animation: 0.65+0
Split Time: 0.3
Number of Illusions: 3 ( 4)
Illusion Damage Dealt: 25%/30%/35%/40% ( 38%/43%/48%/53%)
Illusion Damage Taken: 350%
Illusion Duration: 26
modifier_naga_siren_mirror_image: Dispellable with death only.
modifier_illusion: Dispellable with death only.
modifier_invulnerable: Dispellable with death only.
Slithice, while being strong in her own right, is notoriously hard to track down.
- Mirror Image disjoints projectiles and applies a basic dispel on Naga Siren upon cast.
- Naga Siren is invulnerable, hidden and spell immune during the split time.
- Orders the caster to stop after the split time, canceling all queued orders, and orders given during the split time.
- Resets all current attack and spell targeting orders from other units on Naga Siren.
- After the split time, Naga Siren reappears with her illusions.
- The reappear locations are based on Naga Siren’s position upon cast, with one appearing at the cast location, and the others north, east, south or west from that point.
- This means when spawning 3 illusions, the formation is T-shaped and when spawning 4 illusions, it is shaped like a plus.
- The distance in between each is 72 range.
- Though the formation is always the same, Naga Siren and her illusions take a random position in the formation and have all the same facing angle.
- Recasting Mirror Image replaces the illusions from the previous cast, no matter under whose control they are.
Interrupts the target and traps them in place, preventing movement or blinking.
Cast Animation: 0.4+0.47
Cast Range: 575/600/625/650 ( 975/1000/1025/1050)
Allows Ensnare to target Spell Immune or sleeping units. Reduces the Ensnare cooldown by 6 seconds and increases cast range by 400.
Cannot be cast on or affect spell immune enemies.
Fully pierces spell immunity.
Blocked upon impact.
modifier_naga_siren_ensnare: Dispellable with any dispel.
The only way to escape the onslaught of a Slithereen is to never oppose one in the first place.
- The net travels at a speed of 1500.
- Roots the target, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- Provides True Sight over the target.
- All illusions owned by Naga Siren within 900 range of the target also cast a fake Ensnare.
- They play the whole cast animation and release their fake nets at the same time the real net is released.
- When illusions currently are not having any order and are standing still, they turn to face the target and cast the fake nets.
- When illusions are moving or attacking, they continue to do so and do not turn to face the target. They still play the cast animation, overriding their move or attack animations.
- When canceling the cast, the illusions still play the full cast animation, but do not release the fake nets.
- The fake nets do not interact with anything and do not root.
- With Aghanim’s Scepter, Ensnare can be cast on and fully affect any invulnerable unit, not just sleeping units.
The Naga Siren and her images have a chance on attack to hit all nearby units with a damaging wave of water that lowers armor for seconds.
Proc Chance: 17% ( 29%)
Armor Reduction: 2/4/6/8 ( 9/11/13/15)
Armor Reduction Duration: 4
Debuffs persist if placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
modifier_naga_siren_rip_tide_passive: Undispellable. Persists death.
modifier_naga_siren_rip_tide: Dispellable with any dispel.
modifier_naga_siren_rip_tide_slow: Dispellable with any dispel.
A torrent from the Deep Ones crushes the defenses of the Siren’s enemies.
- Upon proccing, Rip Tide first applies the armor reduction debuff, then the Rip Tide damage, and then the attack damage.
- The armor reduction debuff does not stack, the duration gets refreshed instead.
- Adds an average of 5.1/7.65/10.2/12.75 ( 8.7/13.05/17.4/21.75) damage to every attack.
- Rip Tide uses pseudo-random distribution.
All enemies in range of the Naga Siren are put into a magical stasis where they cannot act or be attacked. Using Song of the Siren again will end the duration early.
Cast Animation: 1+0.3
Aura Linger Duration: 0.4
Max Health as Health Regen Bonus: 5%
Song of the Siren heals allies by 5% of their Max HP for its duration.
The sleep does not affect spell immune enemies.
modifier_naga_siren_song_of_the_siren_aura: Dispellable with death only.
modifier_naga_siren_song_of_the_siren_healing_aura: Dispellable with death only.
modifier_naga_siren_song_of_the_siren_healing: Undispellable. Persists death.
modifier_naga_siren_song_of_the_siren: Undispellable. Persists death.
Slithice’s powerful voice enchants leagues of opponents, while calling her Slithereen kin in a time of need.
- Applies a sleep on affected units, preventing them from acting, until woken up.
- Affected units are invulnerable while sleeping.
- Song of the Siren’s radius is centered on Naga Siren for the full duration, so if she moves far enough away from affected units, they wake up.
- The sleep is provided by an aura. Its debuff lingers for 0.4 seconds.
- Song of the Siren cannot be interrupted. Only Naga Siren’s death or the Song of the Siren End sub-ability can stop it.
- However, silencing Naga Siren prevents her from manually stopping the song with the sub-ability.
- Does not affect Roshan, wards or hidden units. Does affect buildings.
- Does not affect invulnerable units either, unless their invulnerability is provided by Song of the Siren.
- With Aghanim’s Shard, a second aura is provided by Naga Siren, which increases the health regeneration of allies within range.
- The aura uses the same values radius and linger duration as the aura that affects enemies.
- Affects invulnerable, but not hidden allies. Does not affect buildings or wards.
- Can regenerate up to 37% of an ally’s max health over its full duration.
Release enemy units from your song so they can be targeted again.
Cast Animation: 0+0.97
- Replaces Song of the Siren until the sub-ability is used or the song duration ends.
- Song of the Siren End interrupts Naga Siren’s channeling abilities on cast.
- Goes into a 1-second cooldown right after Song of the Siren is cast, this is to prevent accidental double-casts prematurely ending the ability.
- When cast, enemies wake up after the aura’s 0.4-second linger duration.
- Reduced Mirror Image cooldown from 40/36/32/28 to 40/35/30/25.
- Octarine Core reduces the cooldowns of Naga Siren’s abilities, greatly improving her pushing power and making her much harder to gank. The Spell Lifesteal has little effect on her own abilities, but can be combined with Radiance to let her illusions shrug off damage from creeps.
- Quelling Blade grants bonus damage against creeps to secure last hits.
- Infused Raindrops gives good mana regeneration to keep using your abilities, and allows Naga Siren to survive some magical burst.
- Magic Wand provides attributes and burst of health and mana, a useful sustain item no matter the role of Naga Siren.
- Arcane Boots solve Naga Siren’s early mana issues, and you can later disassemble it to recycle the Energy Booster into Octarine Core.
- Drum of Endurance gives solid overall attributes, and an active that increases movement and attack speed to Naga Siren, allied heroes, and illusions around her.
- Meteor Hammer‘s area stun combos well with Song of the Siren, giving the enemies little time to react.
- Spirit Vessel grants Naga Siren various bonuses like health and movement speed, as well as an ability to heal teammates or counter enemy healing.
- Blink Dagger grants mobility so Naga Siren can better initiate with Song of the Siren.
- Boots of Travel makes Naga Siren an incredibly strong pusher and increases her farm speed.
- Radiance gives a lot of damage and the Radiance aura works on illusions, giving Naga Siren the ability to farm multiple areas of the map at the same time thanks to Mirror Image. Makes ultimate ability very dangerous. Positioning deep inside of enemies prevents enemies from blinking away or in once ultimate expired and they got a tick of damage from Radiance.
- Heart of Tarrasque provides a large amount of health, tanking Naga Siren and her illusions up massively. It also provides enormous passive health regeneration while not fighting, so she can return to fights faster with full health.
- Butterfly offers bonus attack speed, damage, and armor, as well as evasion that gives more survivability to her and her illusions.
- Linken’s Sphere provides good all around attributes as well as regeneration, which allows Naga Siren to stay farming without having to go back to base. On top of that, it provides a spellblock which can make Naga Siren harder to kill in conjunction with Song of the Siren.
- Aghanim’s Shard provides great heal to allied heroes during Song of the Siren, a terrific support item to boost team’s survivability and turn around teamfights.
- The DotA Naga Siren from Warcraft universe sports the same weapons as Slithice, the only difference being that the DotA version had one weapon, and four arms, while the Dota 2 has two weapons and two arms.
- Song of the Siren’s ▶️ sound is based on this ▶️ voice line of Naga Siren. Whether there is an extended version of that line or if the rest of the song was manually put together is unknown.
Ability icon progress
Hero icon progress