Leshrac, the Tormented Soul, is a ranged intelligence hero who is known for his ability to put out a tremendous amount of area magical damage. His array of spells makes him a dangerous foe to stand around, as he can disable and nuke down anyone who dares to stand against him. Split Earth is an area stun that, after a delay, will stun all enemies in its radius while dealing damage. Diabolic Edict is a damage-over-time spell that deals pure damage, corroding all enemies near Leshrac. Unlike most other spells, it can also affect buildings, making Leshrac a very powerful tower killer who can push very effectively. Lightning Storm is a targeted nuke that damages and slows enemies as it jumps from foe to foe, easily clearing away creeps. His ultimate, Pulse Nova, deals magical damage in an area around Leshrac while it is active, making short work of nearby enemies. Few can withstand Leshrac’s damage output, as all of his spells combined allow him to scour his foes from the battlefield.
Leshrac, the Tormented Soul[external_link_head]
▶️ “Imbalance demands it.”
Leshrac, Tormented Soul, is an entity torn from the heart of nature, a liminal being that exists half in one plane of existence, half in another. His penetrating intelligence is such that he can never ignore for a moment the agonizing horror at the heart of all creation. Once a great philosopher who sought the meaning of existence, he plumbed the depths of nature with the haunted Chronoptic Crystals, and was forever altered by the hideous mysteries thereby revealed to him. Now the darkest depths of his enlightenment are illumined only by the fitful glare of his arrogance. Like other elemental characters, he is completely at one with nature, but in his case it is a nature lurid and vile. He alone sees the evil truth of reality, and has no use for those who believe the cosmos reserves a special reward for those who practice benevolence.
Splits the earth under enemies. Deals damage and stuns for a short duration.
Cast Animation: 0.7+0.67
Cast Range: 650
Base Radius: 150/175/200/225 ( 190/215/240/265)
Number of Instances: 1 ( 4)
Effect Delay: 0.35
Stun Duration: 2
Radius Increase per Instance: 75
Radius Increase Interval: 5
Causes Split Earth to repeat in the same location three additional times, with a 5 second delay between each one. Each time the radius increases by 75. Split Earth echo location is visible to both teams.
modifier_leshrac_split_earth_thinker: Undispellable. Persists death.
modifier_stunned: Dispellable with strong dispels.
Twisting nature to his vile will, the shifting earth consumes those unlucky enough to cross Leshrac’s path.
- Split Earth destroys trees within the affected radius.
- Split Earth first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Has no visual or audio indicator during the effect delay.
- With Aghanim’s Shard, Split Earth applies its effect 4 times at the targeted point.
- The first instance still happens 0.35 seconds after cast. The following instances happen 5.35/10.35/15.35 seconds after cast.
- The visual effect during the delay between the extra instances is visible to everyone.
- Each instance has the following radius:
Saturates the area around Leshrac with magical explosions that deal pure damage to enemy units and structures. The fewer units available to attack, the more damage those units will take. Lasts 10 seconds.[external_link offset=1]
Cast Animation: 0.5+0.87
Number of Explosions: 40 ( 70)
Damage per Explosion: 7/14/21/28
modifier_leshrac_diabolic_edict: Dispellable with death only.
Chronoptic energy bursts from one plane to the other, evaporating anything it touches.
- Diabolic Edict’s radius is centered on and follows Leshrac.
- Randomly selects nearby valid units for each explosion. There are no priorities.
- Fully affects invisible units and units in the Fog of War.
- When no valid targets are nearby, the explosions randomly appear within a square with 500 side length. These random explosions deal no damage.
- Can deal up to 280/560/840/1120 ( 490/980/1470/1960) damage to a single target.
- When Leshrac dies, the explosions still occur at his location.
- Multiple instances of Diabolic Edict fully stack.
Summons a lightning storm that blasts the target enemy unit, then jumps to nearby enemy units. Struck units are slowed by 75% for a duration.
Cast Animation: 0.3+1.04
Cast Range: 650
Jump Distance: 475
Number of Jumps: 4/6/8/10
Effect Delay: 0.25
Damage: 90/130/170/210 ( 190/230/270/310)
Move Speed Slow: 75%
Slow Duration: 0.4/0.6/0.8/1
Number of Bounces: 2
Attempts to damage if enemy turns spell immune during the delay. Slow persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
Blocked fully only when primary target.
modifier_leshrac_lightning_storm_scepter_thinker: Undispellable. Persists death.
modifier_leshrac_lightning_storm: Undispellable. Persists death.
modifier_leshrac_lightning_storm_slow: Dispellable with any dispel.
The Tormented Soul’s mastery of the elements is evident in the massive storms that strike down armies before him.
- The lightning hits the initial target after the 0.25-second effect delay and then jumps to other targets in 0.25-second intervals, so hitting all targets takes 1/1.5/2/2.5 ( 2/3/4/5) seconds.
- Because of the effect delay, the initial lightning can be avoided with spell immunity, invulnerability, or becoming hidden. However, this does not prevent it from jumping.
- Does not bounce on invisible units, or units in the Fog of War.
- Can never hit the same unit twice per cast.
- With the level 25 talent, can bounce on the same unit up to 2 times.
- However, it cannot bounce on the same unit twice in a row, so a lone target is hit only once.
- Only bounces to the same unit again if it already hit all other valid targets nearby.
- All jumps together can deal up to 360/780/1360/2100 ( 760/1380/2160/3100) damage (before reductions).
- Lightning Storm first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The lightning storm buff is a hidden buff required for the lightning to jump.
Causes all nearby enemies in 450 AoE to turn ethereal, preventing them from attacking, causing them to take 30% more magic damage and be slowed by 30% for 4 seconds. Increases Leshrac’s speed rather than reducing it. Does not cause you to take amplified damage.
Cast Animation: 0+0
Enemy Magic Resistance Reduction: 30%
Move Speed Change: 30%
Aura Linger Duration: 0.5
Duration: 4[external_link offset=2]
Can be cast while spell immune. However, the buff gets immediately removed if spell immunity is detected. Does not affect spell immune enemies.
modifier_leshrac_decrepify_aura: Dispellable with any dispel.
modifier_leshrac_decrepify: Undispellable. Persists death.
Ability Draft Notes:
- Requires Aghanim’s Scepter to be unlocked.
- Interrupts Leshrac’s channeling abilities upon cast.
- Turns Leshrac and all enemies within the radius ethereal, disarming them, rendering them attack immune, and granting 100% physical damage resistance.
- Reduces most heroes’ total magic resistance to 2.5%.
- Nihilism’s magic resistance reduction does not stack with other ethereal effects, the one with higher value takes priority.
- The ethereal effect on enemies is provided by an aura, its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Multiple casts of Nihilism do not stack.
Creates waves of damaging energy around Leshrac, one per second, to damage nearby enemy units. Drains Leshrac’s mana with each pulse.
Cast Animation: 0+0
Damage Radius: 525
Mana Cost per Second: 20/40/60
Damage per Second: 100/150/200 ( 140/190/240)
modifier_leshrac_pulse_nova: Dispellable with death only.
If necessary, the Tormented Soul can manipulate space time itself, ravaging lesser beings.
- Pulse Nova does not interrupt Leshrac’s channeling abilities upon toggling On / Off.
- Deals damage and drains mana in 1-second intervals, starting immediately upon activating ability.
- Activating the ability costs 90 mana.
- However, when having less than 90 mana and toggling on, it will still deal 1 damage instance and then toggle off.
- Fully affects invisible units and units in the Fog of War.
- If toggled On, Pulse Nova continues working even when silenced, disabled, or hidden.
- Urn of Shadows provides a little bit of attributes, armor, and mana regeneration; its charges from fallen enemies can heal or deal damage depending on targets.
- Phase Boots grants great movement speed boost to position, as well as chase or flee with Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova.
- Drum of Endurance provides attributes, and movement speed to position in ganks.
- Aether Lens increases mana and mana regeneration; the higher cast range allows Leshrac to use abilities and items while keeping a safe distance from dangerous foes.
- Veil of Discord gives survivability through attributes and armor, while the active ability reduces enemy magic resistance, helping Leshrac’s and teammates’ abilities deal more magical damage.
- Blink Dagger grants exceptional positioning for surprise Split Earth, also useful to keep up with targets of Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova.
- Force Staff grants ability to reposition any heroes in the game, pushing allies to favorable locations while moving enemies into your abilities.
- Glimmer Cape protects Leshrac and allies with invisibility and magic resistance, an item for escape but you can use it to initiate with Split Earth as well.
- Boots of Travel allow Leshrac to teleport globally to join ganks and pushes. Furthermore, the enhanced movement speed lets Leshrac chase down almost any enemy targets.
- Rod of Atos gives attributes and a root to set up Split Earth at long range.
- Black King Bar grants strength and spell immunity, enabling Leshrac to run rampant through the enemy ranks without fear of disables and magical bursts.
- Lotus Orb bolsters defense with armor, regeneration, and Echo Shell that reflects spells back to enemies.
- Linken’s Sphere gives attributes, regeneration, and spellblock that protects against unit-targeted abilities occasionally.
- Scythe of Vyse grants attributes, intelligence, and mana regeneration to let Leshrac use more abilities. The active Hex disables a dangerous target and set up for Split Earth.
- Aghanim’s Scepter allows Leshrac to essentially decrepify nearby enemies, slowing them and boosting the damage of his abilities.
- Guardian Greaves restores health and mana to allies, while removing debuffs from Leshrac that may hinder his abilities; furthermore, the aura armor and health regeneration works better on heroes at low HP.
- The name Leshrac comes from a Planeswalker from the Magic: the Gathering multiverse.
- Diabolic Edict is the name of an iconic black card in that game; much like the Dota 2 spell, the Magic card was more effective when there were fewer targets, as your opponent got to choose which target got hit.
Ability icon progress