Bura (ブラ; FUNimation “Bulla”) is the youngest Saiyan-half (サイヤ
Due to her limited appearances within the series, Bura’s personality remains largely unknown. However, from her behavior as its shown, Bura appears to be a cheerful, innocent girl, who wears a near-constant smile. Possibly influenced by her father, brother, and their friends, Bura doesn’t seem to be too concerned with violence; when Pan entered the ring at the Budōkai, Bura casually called out to the girl to “not kill” her opponent. In the anime, she seemed enthralled at her father’s strength when he punched Knock in the face, rendering him unconscious.[external_link offset=1]
In the anime, she refers to her mother and father as “Mama” and “Papa”. She also seems to have higher intelligence than most three year olds, calling the tournament seats a “nice view”.
Bura is the spitting image of her mother as a child; a girl with thin strands of purple hair, with eyes of a matching hue, (in the anime, both her hair and eyes were changed to turquoise, matching her mother), tied with a red barrette. Her only outfit in the series was shown to be a white dress with red polka-dots, and a maroon jacket.
Unlike other Saiyan-halves, Bura hasn’t shown an aptitude for battle. It can be assumed that since she inherited Saiyan blood, that she’s strong and has the potential to turn Super Saiyan if the proper conditions are met (such as the evilest of dangers).
See also: Dragon Ball Super[external_link offset=2]
Universe Survival Arc
Main article: Universe Survival Arc Bura was born to Vegeta and Bulma, right before the Tournament of Power. Due to his father’s refusal to join the tournament, Whis promptly went to a pregnant Bulma and with his staff and some magic words, Bura was immediately materialized in her arms.
She appeared along with her mother, father, and older brother at the Tenka-Ichi Budōkai, where she cheered on her family and friends.
Creation and Conception
- She doesn’t exist in the timeline of her brother’s future counterpart, because his father was killed before she was conceived.
- Bura is the only member of the Brief family to never meet her future brother anywhere in the Dragon Ball media.
- Before she was born, her father tried to decide on her name — wanting to give his daughter a name befitting Saiyan royalty — and considered Eschalotte (エシャロット, Esharotto). Fitting with the Saiyan naming scheme, this name was a pun on shallot.
- ↑ Daizenshū 4, page 40
- ↑ Daizenshū 10, page 116
- ↑ Dragon Ball GT: Perfect Files Vol. 1, page 75
- ↑ Daizenshū 7
- ↑ Daizenshū 4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Dragon Ball Z episode 290
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 289
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 518, page 1
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 83
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapters 518-519