- 1 The Couple
- 2 Their Relationship
- 2.1 Part I
- 2.2 Part II
- 2.2.1 Kazekage Rescue Mission Arc
- 2.2.2 Tenchi Bridge Reconnaissance Mission Arc
- 2.2.3 Akatsuki Suppression Mission Arc
- 2.2.4 Itachi Pursuit Mission Arc
- 2.2.5 Pain’s Assault Arc
- 2.2.6 Five Kage Summit Arc
- 2.2.7 Fourth Shinobi World War: Confrontation Arc
- 2.2.8 Fourth Shinobi World War: Climax Arc
- 2.2.9 Birth of the Ten-Tails’ Jinchūriki Arc
- 2.2.10 Kaguya Ōtsutsuki Strikes Arc
- 2.3 Blank Period
- 2.4 Epilogue
- 2.5 New Era
- 3 Evidence
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Databooks
- 6 Among the Fans
- 7 Trivia
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
SasuSaku (スサク SasuSaku) is the term used to refer to the romantic relationship between Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno.
Prologue — Land of Waves
Coming into the classroom, Sakura greets Sasuke as she pushes Naruto and asks to sit by him. Despite not receiving an answer, Sakura snatches the spot and admirably gazes at the Uchiha while the other girls continuously glare at her. Staring admirably at Sasuke, Sakura tells herself that she’d be stealing his first kiss ‘today’. However, Sakura soon becomes one of the victims who watch in dismay as Naruto instead “kisses” Sasuke, resulting in Naruto later receiving a beating from Sakura along with the other female classmates. Upon later hearing the members that would be on her team, Sakura cheers when she hears Sasuke’s name.
After Team 7 is formed, Sakura is shown sitting on a lone bench thinking about how she could show herself off to Sasuke despite her flaws. Fantasizing about Sasuke complimenting her forehead, Sakura catches sight of him only later staring at her. As the two sit side by side and share a moment, Sakura confesses that all she wants is his acknowledgement. Leaning herself in, Sakura prepares to kiss him, but they are quickly interrupted and “Sasuke” runs off. Sakura then comments to herself how ‘shy’ he is. However, this “Sasuke” is revealed to be Naruto Uzumaki. When the real Sasuke arrives looking for Naruto, Sakura happily greets him and asks if he was ready this time. Ignoring her, Sasuke asks for Naruto’s whereabouts but is quickly dismissed by Sakura’s comment. Stating that Sasuke shouldn’t bother with Naruto, Sakura continues onward mocking Naruto about not having parents, and triggering the word “alone”, Sasuke scolds Sakura and before leaving, calls her annoying. Watching as Sasuke leaves, Sakura reviews her actions and decides to be nicer to Naruto. When the team is introduced to Kakashi Hatake, their sensei, Kakashi asks each of them to introduce themselves by sharing their hobbies, interests and dreams for the future. Upon Sakura’s turn, Sakura mumbles but hints all her answers are towards Sasuke. Kakashi then comments to himself how young girls always seem to be more interested in love rather than training and ninjutsu Kakashi gives the team a test and explains that those who fail to take a bell from him would be sent back to the Academy. At the beginning of the test, Sakura and Sasuke both go into hiding. She declares the test to also be a “Test of Love” and therefore decides to stay near Sasuke. Eventually, Sakura loses sight of Sasuke and begins to search for his whereabouts. Upon her search, Kakashi finds Sakura and places her under a genjutsu. Hallucinating of a bloody and near-dead Sasuke, Sakura releases a loud scream before fainting. Sasuke, who is nearby, hears her scream. Being confirmed by Kakashi that it was a genjutsu, Sasuke calmly smirks to himself that Sakura would easily fall for something like that.
Sakura finally wakes up and returns searching for Sasuke. Upon finding him and his “severed head”, Sakura collapses again before shrieking while Sasuke expresses confusion. Upon awakening and seeing Sasuke above her, Sakura happily embraces Sasuke in relief despite his claims to not hug him. Sasuke then claims that they were now wasting too much time. Quickly trying to reassure him, Sakura tells him that there was always next time, quickly angering Sasuke. However, he explains to her about being an avenger. The team later fails the first session of the test, but are given another chance. During the second session of the test, Sasuke offers his assistance to Naruto. Following Kakashi’s rules Sakura at first protests, but after Sasuke explains his reasoning, Sakura quickly begins to cooperate. They are soon caught by their sensei, who informs them that, but much to their surprise, they passed.
Upon being ambushed by enemy shinobi during their first serious mission, Sakura is left alone to defend their escort, Tazuna. As the enemy shinobi prepares to attack both Sakura and Tazuna, much to Sakura’s surprise, Sasuke quickly comes to their aid and prepares to guard the two. But much to Sasuke’s dismay, Kakashi quickly appears and rescues the team. During the Tree Climbing Practice some days later, Sakura wanted to impress Sasuke, thus showing off her ability to easily control chakra by being the first to complete the training. However, he looks away in much disinterest and annoyance while Naruto comments how amazing she is, causing much disappointment on her behalf as she frowns. During the team’s break Naruto decides to ask Sakura for advice. Glancing towards Sasuke who was still showing much disinterest, Sakura decides to whisper it to Naruto. After leaving the scene, an embarrassed Sasuke asks Naruto what advice Sakura gave him, leading an amused Naruto to taunt him.
During the battle between Haku and Zabuza Momochi, Sasuke hears Sakura’s scream and quickly wonders to Kakashi’s whereabouts. Much later, when Sakura notices Sasuke’s absence beside Naruto after the Zabuza fight, she quickly runs to find Sasuke, only to find where his lifeless body laid. Shocked, Sakura slowly approaches him and drops to his side, softly caressing his cheek while commenting how cold it was and this time, it probably wasn’t a genjutsu. Tearfully, Sakura recites the Shinobi Rule #24 to never show any sort of emotion, violating it as she mourns for his loss. Upon his reawakening, hearing her mourns, Sasuke opens his eyes only to be greeted by a sobbing Sakura. Commenting how heavy she was, Sakura tearfully embraces him out of relief.
Chūnin Exam Arc
After the team’s mission is completed, they return to their more simple missions. On one occasion, Sakura helps carry a heavily injured Naruto while Sasuke watches the two from afar, commenting to himself how Naruto was unable to care for himself. Later, when the team is finally dismissed from one of their missions, Sakura follows Sasuke and asks to train together with him to better their teamwork. However, Sasuke coldly declines and claims that she’s the same as Naruto and she should focus on her own training. Comically breaking Sakura’s self-confidence, Sakura comments to herself that he was right and utterly breaks down. When the Sand Siblings are introduced, they harass Konohamaru but is stopped by Sasuke, who Sakura is then shown fawning over.
Later, when the team is offered to participate in the Chūnin Exams, an unsure Sakura hesitates before agreeing, despite believing herself to be unworthy. The next day when the team meets up together, as Sakura is shown greeting Naruto, Sasuke silently comments to himself how unusual she seemed. Later, when the team reaches the genjutsu-casted floor, Sasuke asks Sakura about the genjutsu, but also states she probably already knew and compliments her ability on analysis. Grateful, Sakura confirms his statement and the examiners are then forced to let them pass where as Sasuke is shown smirking to himself.
Gaining back her self-confidence, Sakura grabs hold of both Sasuke’s and Naruto’s hand and goes through, although not to their knowledge, they are followed by Rock Lee. Later confronted, Lee challenges Sasuke to a match while at the same time, confesses his feelings to Sakura, much to the team’s disgust. Insulting Lee and his thick brows and lashes, Sasuke and Naruto would later join Sakura when comparing Might Guy and Lee. After Sasuke’s defeat against Lee, Sakura catches him from falling. When Team 7 leaves to meet up with the rest of the members of Konoha, Ino Yamanaka appears and embraces Sasuke from behind. Sakura and Sasuke are then shown scowling at Ino’s sudden action with Naruto commenting how annoying she is. In the Forest of Death, Sakura and Sasuke are left alone to face Orochimaru. With Naruto elsewhere, Sasuke and Sakura find themselves paralyzed when Orochimaru places them under a “Death” genjutsu, where they see their own deaths. Sasuke finding himself unable to do anything, turns to Sakura and curses when he sees her shaken and in tears. Concluding the only way was to run, Sasuke stabs himself in the leg to dispel the illusion and grabs Sakura, taking her into hiding until Naruto finally comes to their aid but they are found by Orochimaru. Sasuke offers him their scroll in exchange for them to be left alone, to which Naruto opposes and condemns Sasuke for being a coward, with Sakura watching them. Naruto is later taken down by Orochimaru, with the two only watching in horror, leading Sakura to scold Sasuke for being such a coward unlike Naruto. This causes Sasuke to remember his brother and Sasuke begins to fight back but he is bitten on the neck by Orochimaru.
Receiving the Cursed Mark from Orochimaru, Sasuke clutches Sakura’s hand in pain and collapses in her arms. Not knowing what to do, Sakura begins to plead for help. Left alone to care for her two unconscious teammates, she tends to their wounds as they are sheltered under a tree. When the Sound Ninja come to take Sasuke, Sakura desperately tries to fight them off with the traps she had prepared, but her efforts are easily avoided and she is only saved by Lee. When he is taken down, Sakura is left to defend for herself with the other’s life at her stake.
As one of the nin’s immobilizes Sakura by grabbing her hair, the ninja scolds her for putting more effort onto her looks rather then her skills. Hating herself for always having to watch everyone’s back as they protect her, Sakura vows to become stronger and breaks herself free by cutting her own long hair. With Ino and her team watching from the background, a flashback of their childhood they shared is shown, revealing Sakura grew her hair out due to the rumor of Sasuke liking girls with long hair. A flashback of a younger Sakura appears and confesses to Ino and their friends that she finally had a boy she liked. Revealing it to be Sasuke, the young Sakura becomes surprised when their friends confess that Sasuke was already popular with a lot of other girls. However, the young Sakura still confirmed that she would fight for him then.
When Sasuke finally awakens by the cursed seal, he immediately asks Sakura who injured her. Although glad that he had finally woken up, Sakura questions about his condition. Ignoring her, Sasuke questions Sakura, more demanding, to who injured her but Sakura hesitates, leading one of the sound shinobi to mockingly confess. Forced to watch as Sasuke began to violently rampage upon them, breaking the arms of the shinobi who wounded her, a frightened Sakura realizing that “This is not Sasuke”, quickly rushes to his side and embraces him, begging him to stop and to return to the Sasuke she knew. Her words are able to get through to his senses and his cursed seal quickly recedes. With the cursed seal receded, Sasuke collapses with Sakura supporting him. Watching Sasuke still shaken by his power, Sakura shows concern. Naruto later wakes up and rushes to both Sakura and Sasuke and asks about Sakura’s hair, much to Sasuke and Ino’s annoyance. Lying to her teammate that she wanted an image change, Sasuke stares at Sakura as she continues explaining the false situation to Naruto. Later, when Ino is fixing Sakura’s hair, Ino scolds Sakura for being reckless and “cheating” by hugging Sasuke to where Sakura rampages to Ino about.
The team takes a break to rest and gather food. Sakura is left in charge of gathering wood for the fire while Naruto and Sasuke are in charge of gathering food. Working together, Sasuke and Naruto succeed in catching three. However, Sasuke continues to demand for Naruto to catch more. Wanting to protest, Naruto begins to ramble how they should then switch places but is stopped by Sakura’s arrival and request for a fire. As the two leave, Naruto watches them in confusion. Much later, it is revealed during this time that Sasuke had entrusted Sakura to not tell Naruto about his cursed mark. When the team travels to the tower, Sakura helps support Sasuke walk throughout the session. Finally reaching the tower, Sasuke confirms that he’s okay now which causes Sakura to let go and in a comedic fashion way, Inner Sakura curses herself. Upon Iruka appearing in front of them and telling the team about the scrolls, Sasuke teases both Sakura and Naruto about how glad he was that they didn’t try the occasion in sarcasm. The two sigh in relief while secretly thanking Kabuto.
Before the preliminary matches of the exam, Sakura watches Sasuke as he suffers from the pain caused by the cursed mark. In concern, Sakura tries to confess the situation to the hosters of the exam. Stopped by Sasuke who grabs her hand and scolds her, Sakura begins to protest against him while stating her concern. Sasuke continues by confirming to Sakura once again that he is an avenger, and not even she will be able to change that. He further tells her that he can’t forgive even her if she tells anyone of the cursed seal, which worries and saddens her. During preliminary match exams, Sasuke battles Yoroi Akadō. As the cursed mark begins to release itself during his battle, Sasuke struggles to keep it in place and is shown having flashbacks of Sakura and the team. Not wanting to worry Sakura and the group, Sasuke fights the seal and defeats his opponent. Sasuke is soon taken away by Kakashi with Sakura watching as the two leave. When Kakashi comes back, a worried Sakura questions about Sasuke’s condition while showing concern. During Sakura’s match with Ino, it is revealed that Sakura had ended their friendship so they could compete as equals for Sasuke’s affections. However, the two decide to fight as mere rivals rather than for Sasuke’s affections during the match. At the end of their tied battle, Ino teases Sakura about not giving up on Sasuke. Sakura quickly retaliates that the same was for her. While watching the other preliminary matches, from time to time, Sakura shows concern and asks Kakashi about Sasuke’s condition.
After the preliminary exam and in the meantime before the finals, Sakura is sitting in her bedroom, worrying about Sasuke. Entering the Yamanaka’s Flower Shop to buy a flower for Sasuke who is in the hospital, Sakura encounters Ino. Ino decides to accompany Sakura on Sakura’s visit to Sasuke. Picking out their individual flowers, Ino picks a rose while as Sakura picks a daffodil and the two quote the flowers to be their individual love for Sasuke. Upon visiting the hospital, they find out that Sasuke had already left. Sakura begins to show concern over his safety. During the final exam, Sakura is shown worried about Sasuke not arriving on time for his match against Gaara. When Sasuke finally arrives at the last few seconds remaining before the disqualification of the time limit, Sakura smiles in relief at his arrival. However, Sakura quickly dismisses the moment and shows concern over the cursed mark.
Konoha Crush Arc
When Sakura and Naruto catch up to Sasuke and Gaara, Sakura rushes to Sasuke’s side and tries to aid him as the cursed mark began to consume his body. Sensing Gaara’s incoming attack, Sakura uses herself as a human shield against Gaara to protect Sasuke. Pinned against a tree and knocked unconscious, Sasuke declares and entrusts Naruto to save Sakura no matter what, stating Sakura to be one of those dear and precious to him whom he never wants to lose. When Sakura is freed from the sand, Sasuke rushes to catch her, laying her next to to Kakashi’s ninken, Pakku, and before leaving, entrusts her safety to him.
During Naruto’s training with Kakashi, Sakura and Sasuke are shown watching the latter. Turning to Sasuke, Sakura begins to thank Sasuke for saving her from Gaara but is quickly dismissed when Sasuke confesses it was Naruto. Turning to Naruto, Sakura gives Naruto a genuine smile, not noticing the jealous scowl on Sasuke’s face. The two along with the rest of Konoha would later attend the Hokage’s Funeral. The two are seen standing together throughout the whole session.
Search for Tsunade Arc
Sasuke is left hospitalized after being mentally and physically tormented by his brother, Itachi. Sitting by his side, Sakura watches over Sasuke as she worries for his condition. Sasuke is only later re-awakened when Tsunade heals him. Although before healing Sasuke, Tsunade notices the fresh daffodil flowers in the vase and questions herself if Sakura was visiting everyday. Upon finally awakening, Sasuke is tearfully embraced by a relieved Sakura and, for once, Sasuke doesn’t reject her affection.
Sasuke Recovery Mission Arc
During Sasuke’s stay at the hospital, Sakura is shown to visit him often. While Sakura is cutting an apple for Sasuke, Sasuke is shown having flashbacks of Itachi’s torment along with when Sakura had turned away from him and smiled at Naruto. Angered and aware of the fact that Naruto was becoming stronger, Sasuke unconsciously knocks away the apples that Sakura had offered him. As Naruto enters the scene, Sasuke gives Naruto a taunting look and challenges him to a match. Naruto at first protests, but quickly changes his mind while Sakura watches the two in horror. As the two leave, Sakura flashes back to Sasuke’s first exposure of the cursed mark and quickly chases after the two. Reaching the rooftop, Sakura watches the two battle but unable to resist any longer, Sakura begs the two to stop and rushes in between their attacks. Towards Sakura’s intervention, both Sasuke and Naruto try to pull their attacks away but quickly find themselves unable to. Grabbed by Kakashi and hurled into opposite ends, Sakura is saved but breaks into tears as Sasuke leaves the scene. Kakashi’s lecture about revenge gaining him nothing but emptiness and loneliness makes Sasuke remember his friendship with Sakura and Naruto, and he becomes conflicted between his bond with her and the team versus his desire for revenge and power. After a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Sound Four, who offer him to join them to Orochimaru, he ultimately decides to defect and sever his bonds with Sakura, Naruto, and the rest of his friends.
Deciding to finally confess Sasuke’s situation to Naruto, Sakura asks Naruto for a moment between the two and reveals her severe concern of Sasuke’s possible future decision to choosing the wrong path. However, Naruto gives her hope that it won’t happen and she calms down a bit, but still remains worried of the possibility. Deciding against on going home and wanting to confirm her suspicions, Sakura approaches Sasuke at the village’s exit and realizes her fear is coming true. As the two stand alone, Sakura asks Sasuke if he remembered the first time he had called her annoying. Coldly replying that he doesn’t, Sakura continued to proceed and recalls the memories the team had shared and how the revenge would bring him damage. When she’s finished, Sasuke says he could’ve chosen a peaceful life in the village with her and the team but he has chosen revenge.
When Sasuke finally turns to walk away, Sakura tearfully begs for him to stay, even blindly confesses that she was in love with him, willing to do anything for him as long as she could be with him and she’d also help with his quest for revenge. Promising that if they were together, she would bring him days of only happiness and despite having friends and family, Sakura confessed that without Sasuke, she would feel alone. Turning around smirking, Sasuke once again calls her annoying. Proceeding to leave in front of her, Sakura threatened to scream and alert the village of his betrayal. Disappearing in front of her behind her back, Sasuke gives her a soft “Thank You” before knocking her unconscious. Before he leaves, he leaves her on the bench.
The next day, a team called the Sasuke Retrieval Unit is created to retrieve Sasuke. This team is then approached by Sakura. Upon her coming, Nara Shikamaru confesses that the Hokage had already told him the story and asks Sakura if she really wasn’t able to convince Sasuke. Breaking into tears, Sakura turns to Naruto and begs him to bring Sasuke back. When Naruto fails and is unable to, Sakura becomes disappointed. However, Sakura becomes encouraged when Naruto states that he was keeping his promise. Motivated, Sakura confirms to Naruto that it’ll be the both of them bringing Sasuke back together. After becoming Tsunade’s apprentice, Sakura uses Sasuke as one her motivations to become stronger.
After Team 7 consisting Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi get together for the first time in two-and-a-half years, they remember their first training session and get gloomy at the mention of Sasuke’s name, showing Sakura still misses him.
Kazekage Rescue Mission Arc
When Sakura and Naruto reface Kakashi to test their strengths, Kakashi uses the same genjutsu of a near dead Sasuke on Sakura again. Despite knowing better this time, Sakura still whispers to herself how she would do anything to see Sasuke again. Later meeting Itachi during their mission, Sakura becomes angered at the fact that Itachi was the one who was ‘inflicting pain’ on both Sasuke and Naruto, as the organization in which he worked wanted his tailed beast.
Upon Sakura and Chiyo’s battle against Sasori, an Akatsuki member, Sasori revealed that he had sent a spy to secretly watch over Orochimaru. Hearing the name Orochimaru and seeing this as a chance to possibly get information on retrieving Sasuke, Sakura works with Chiyo and the two work together to defeat the Akatsuki. Throughout the battle, Sakura struggles but time to time, encourages herself to bring back the old Team 7. The two finally defeat Sasori and he rewards her by spending his last breath giving info about his spy. Returning back to her group, Sakura then later shares the intel with Naruto and Kakashi.
Tenchi Bridge Reconnaissance Mission Arc
When Sai is introduced to Team Kakashi, Sakura becomes shocked at how similar Sai looked in comparison to Sasuke. Although later, Sakura confirmed that although they looked similar, they were nothing alike in personality. Upon a travel during their mission towards Sasuke’s location, when Sai insults Sasuke, Naruto quickly reacted in defending against him. However, Sakura protests against Naruto’s behavior. Giving Sai a reassured smile and apologizing for Naruto’s actions, Sakura sends Sai a punch and automatically declares that she could care less if he doesn’t forgive her, ending her sentence by threatening to not go easy on him the next time he insults or bad names Sasuke. During their first meeting, Sai tells Sasuke that Naruto thinks of him like a brother from what Sakura has told him. Causing Sasuke to become quiet for a moment before responding that the only brother he has is the one he wants to kill.
When Sai finally locates Sasuke again, Sasuke explodes his room in rage of being disturbed. Reacting to the explosion and spotting Sai, Sakura runs to the location and proceeds to attack Sai for knowing full well of his mission of assassinating Sasuke. However, Sakura freezes when she hears a familiar voice echo her name. As Sakura turns around, she stares in disbelief at Sasuke’s appearance while he stares at her with apparent indifference. As Naruto and the other members catch up, Yamato tries to reason with Sasuke about the efforts Sakura and Naruto have made to return him to Konoha and they still consider him a comrade. Sakura expresses disbelief when Sasuke denounces any bond with Sakura and Naruto. When Sasuke prepares to kill Naruto with his katana, Sakura shouts for him to stop until Yamato and Sai intervene. Sasuke electrifies the group, but missing Sakura. Thinking back to her training and her promise to bringing Sasuke back home, Sakura prepares herself and attempts to attack Sasuke for the very first time. Noticing her charge, Sasuke prepares to block her attack with his own. However, Yamato their team captain quickly takes the hit instead. Declaring he no longer wanted anything to do with them, Sasuke prepared to kill them all until he was quickly interrupted by Orochimaru and in the end, Sakura is forced to watch Sasuke flee with Orochimaru. However, instead of getting discouraged, a tearful Sakura vows to get stronger.
Akatsuki Suppression Mission Arc
Upon returning home from Naruto’s training grounds, Sakura is in her bedroom staring at Team 7’s photo. Upon looking at Sasuke’s photograph, Sakura sheds a tear and turns to look at the crescent moon by her window.
Itachi Pursuit Mission Arc
As Team 7 leaves the Ichiraku Ramen, they meet Konohamaru who demonstrates his new perverted technique; Sexy: Girl on Girl Technique for Naruto’s amusement. Sakura initially disapproves but quickly changes her mind as soon as Konohamaru shows her the Sexy: Boy on Boy Technique by transforming into naked Sasuke and Sai.
When news finally reach Konoha that Sasuke had killed Orochimaru, Team 7 and Team 8 decide to group up and find Itachi to allow access to also find Sasuke. Before the search, the task force of Team 7 and Team 8 split up to begin searching for clues about Itachi’s whereabouts. Kakashi then summons some of his ninken and adds each ninken to each group. Bisuke and Shiba are sent to partner up with Sakura and ordered to protect her. When Bisuke and Shiba finally catch Sasuke’s scent, they lead Sakura to a town. However, instead of finding Sasuke, they walk past Taka team member, Karin.
Pain’s Assault Arc
As the invasion of Pain rages on in the Konoha village, Team Taka is sent to capture the Eight-Tails. When the members of Taka are shown struggling, Sasuke has a flashback of Sakura and Team 7. Remembering his former teammates, Sasuke rushes back into the battlefield to save his team members.
After the Invasion of Pain, when Tazuna arrives to help rebuild the damaged village, Tazuna asks about the whereabouts of Sasuke, catching Sakura’s attention and leading her to become saddened. When Kiba announces to the team about Sasuke’s disposition from Danzo, Sakura immediately replied that she’d go talk to Danzo.
Five Kage Summit Arc
When Omoi and Karui confront Naruto and Sakura about Sasuke’s crimes against their village, as well as informing them that Sasuke had joined the Akatsuki, Sakura begins to protest and object, but before so, she is brought to tears when Karui questions what Sasuke meant to her. When most of Team Kakashi heads to the Land of Iron, Shikamaru confronts Sakura about the situation of Sasuke, noting that Sasuke’s actions will only lead to war and further destruction, and he believes that the best course of action would be for them to personally stop him. Knowing well of the situation but distraught at the idea of killing Sasuke to prevent a war among the nations, a tearful Sakura agrees. However, she secretly decides to take care of Sasuke on her own rather than let Naruto take that burden upon himself.
Deciding to put the burden on herself, Sakura heads towards Naruto and makes a fake confession of her feelings to break their promise to each other in bringing Sasuke back home. However, Naruto quickly denies her confession and confronts Sakura that she was lying to herself about no longer loving Sasuke. In the end, Sakura leaves without telling Naruto about her plan. Knowing this, Sai creates a clone and informs Naruto and Kakashi in her place. As Naruto brings up Sakura’s feelings for Sasuke, he denies that Sakura would go after Sasuke and kill him because she is truly in love with him.
When Sakura is finally able to locate Sasuke, she finds him just as he was about to kill his teammate, Karin. As Sakura intervenes, she senses something different about him and concludes he is no longer the Sasuke she knew. On first approach, Karin mentions that Sakura must be an old friend and, therefore, must also love Sasuke. As Sakura begins her approach, Sakura brings back the night he had left and confesses her regrets, asking to join Sasuke on his course for vengeance. Growing suspicious at her request, Sasuke declares that if she was willing to kill his teammate, he would let her join him. As Sakura crosses over to face Karin and hesitates, Sasuke, having not at all been fooled by her, approaches behind her and prepares to strike her with Chidori in order to stop her assassination attempt. However, she is quickly saved by Kakashi, who notices the intensity of the Chidori and makes him realize that Sasuke was being serious in trying to kill her.
As Kakashi and Sasuke clash, Sakura is ordered to take the injured Karin elsewhere and heal her wounds. Upon healing Karin, Karin stated that the Sasuke Sakura was now facing is no longer the same Sasuke she knew before. Arising from her, the emotionally unstable Sakura picks up her kunai and goes back to the location of Sasuke and Kakashi. Rushing towards his back, Sakura prepares to stab Sasuke with her self-crafted poison kunai. With flashbacks of Sasuke’s old self, Sakura quickly finds herself in tears and pauses, unable to kill him. Noticing her presence, the now half-blind Sasuke grabs Sakura by the throat and tries to kill her with her own kunai. However, Sakura is quickly grabbed and saved by Naruto.
With Naruto’s arrival, Naruto questions Sasuke why he would attack Sakura. Presenting himself, Sasuke stated he was no longer a part of Team 7 and only saw each and every one of them to be the members of Konoha that had killed both his brother and his clan. Sakura scolds him for his words as Naruto only wanted to help him, but is ignored. Watching as Sasuke and Naruto begin to clash like before, Sakura screamed for them to stop, but in the end, they are both briefly knocked out. Sakura was shocked when Naruto declared he and Sasuke would die in their final battle, and she feels anger at herself for not being able to do anything. An angry Sasuke then flees with Tobi. Listening to Naruto’s last words to Sasuke, Sakura smiles to herself, believing now how a dream of Team 7 being back together was still possible, and decides to put her whole faith in Naruto and Sasuke.
Fourth Shinobi World War: Confrontation Arc
When Naruto converses with the Nine-Tailes about the hatred of an entire war and Sasuke, Naruto flashes back to the academy days where Naruto and Sasuke were paired to spar against each other. During the flashback, Sakura is cheering for Sasuke but pauses when Sasuke ends the brawl by half-way, pausing his fist from hitting Naruto.
In the Logistic Support and Medical Division compound, Sakura is healing the wounded. Upon staying there, Sakura is approached by a shinobi she had healed earlier. Being handed a love letter, the shinobi confesses his feelings to Sakura and stating that although he doesn’t know if he’ll be able to survive the war or not, he wanted to tell her about his feelings. Sakura takes the letter and thanks him, but confesses that she is in love with someone else. Though the shinobi is disappointed, he tells Sakura that the person she must be in love with was probably a really great man before leaving the tent. After the shinobi’s departure, Sakura sadly thinks to herself about Sasuke; confirming the man she is in love with to be Sasuke.
Fourth Shinobi World War: Climax Arc
As the Ten-Tails is immobilized by the alliance, Sasuke appears before Sakura, Naruto, and their friends. Staring in disbelief, a confused and shocked Sakura calls out his name. Ignoring Naruto’s comment about his late arrival, Sasuke turns to Sakura. Still confused and unsure of his motives, Sakura questions his reasons for coming to the battlefield. Along with everyone else of Konoha 11, she is shocked and dumbfounded with his sudden announcement of wanting to become Hokage in order to change the ninja system. When Sasuke and Naruto start to leave to begin their attack on the Ten-Tails, Sakura quickly follows them and stated that, as a member of Team 7, she was going to help them and fight beside them.
Once the trio enters the battle field, the Ten-Tails creates multiple clones and begins charging at the group. As Sakura watches Sasuke and Naruto clash with the clones, she thinks back to the vow she made to herself to get stronger and catch up with Sasuke and Naruto. With enough chakra finally gathered, Sakura reveals her full power and forms the 100 Healings Seal and charges towards one of the clones, destroying multiple at once and desecrating the area with one punch. This sudden action impresses Sasuke, who is smirking to himself. As Sakura turns around, two more clones that have survived her attack prepare to attack her. Quickly, Sasuke and Naruto comes to her aid by defeating it. Arriving to Sakura’s side, Sakura rejoices at Sasuke, and threatened to snatch the Hokage title from he and Naruto if they continued arguing as the trio begin to prepare for the next assault. As the battle continues, Naruto and Sasuke go head on directly attacking the Ten-Tails, while Sakura watches from afar while healing the troops. She then sheds a tear of happiness.
Her new happy memories are short-lived once Sakura overhears Sai’s questioning about Sasuke’s true motives to Juugo. Later, Sai asks her what her sincere views were of Sasuke. Smiling, Sakura states that she was happy that he was back and she trusts him. However, Sai quickly notes that although her words are sincere, the smile she gave him was fake. With Sasuke and Naruto getting further into the battlefield, Sakura asks Hinata who is observing the grounds with her Byakugan how the two were doing. Hinata confirms to Sakura that both Sasuke and Naruto were smiling.
Birth of the Ten-Tails’ Jinchūriki Arc
The team is still divided through the fight as Naruto and Sasuke along other allies fight against the ‘Sage of the Six Path’ Obito, while Sakura and Tsunade give their chakra to the shinobis whose their own was absorbed by the God Tree along with the damaged ground. Upon the encounter with Madara in the Kamui dimension, Sakura is removed safely by Obito and meets with Sasuke and Kakashi. Despite noticing Sasuke, who is surprised by her sudden appearance, Sakura switches her attention to Kakashi’s wounded eye and reports the situation to the group as she proceeded into the medical procedure. However, they are quickly interrupted by Naruto who meets with the group, surprising them with his new power, and then the team soon gets into a small bickering about the situation. Kakashi, who is watching the trio, thinks to himself about the team’s first introduction to each other and their individual goals and dreams they had stated. Thinking back to Sakura’s, he comments how although Sakura’s feelings for Sasuke were the same as before, they were stronger and, despite Sasuke’s attempt to take away her life, she still loves him and continues to save him. Turning his attention to Sasuke though, Kakashi questions him what his current dream is. Sakura turns her attention to Sasuke and asks him what he meant when he wanted to become Hokage. Despite Sasuke not being able to give an answer, Kakashi reassures him that he didn’t have to say anything since they had more urgent matters. Turning their attention away, the group prepares themselves for Madara’s arrival.
As the dimension from the other side opens, the group is approached by Madara who had fully gained both his rinnegans along with a controlled Obito. Attempting to create an opening diversion, Sakura activates her Creation Rebirth and charges towards Madara, being quickly stabbed but heals herself while feeling his invisible barrier. Reacting, Sasuke quickly rushes to Sakura’s side and breaks the pole that was struck into her with his katana, freeing her from Madara’s grasp. Naruto safely retrieves Sakura as Sasuke quickly jumps back into safety. After being rescued, Sakura turns her attention to Sasuke after being asked if she was alright by Naruto; pondering if Sasuke even cared for her. Noticing his Rinnegan, Sakura is quickly surprised and later amazed when he shows his Susanoo’s full form in flight. When Madara activated the Infinite Tsukuyomi, Sasuke immediately abandoned his pursuit of Madara and used his Susanoo to protect Sakura and the rest of Team 7 from the genjutsu’s effects.
As the group stays within Sasuke’s Susanoo, Sakura questions Sasuke about the currency of what was happening outside. Turning to answer her question, Sasuke tells her she shouldn’t be bothered to know since she wouldn’t be able to do anything directly. With a saddened expression, the group is rebounded by this where Kakashi confirms to Sasuke that they also wanted to know with Naruto, who also jumps in and defends both Sakura and Kakashi.
Kaguya Ōtsutsuki Strikes Arc
Sent hurling into a river of lava after the transformation of the landscape by Kaguya, Sakura is saved by Kakashi, but grows concern at Sasuke’s apparent disregard. Overhearing that Sasuke only saved her and Kakashi from the Infinite Tsukuyomi because they were nearby Naruto, Sakura becomes saddened, but is reassured when Naruto steps in and calls Sasuke out, reminding Sasuke that he also didn’t mean to save him at the bridge when fighting Haku and the situation made Sasuke save them out of instinct.
When the landscape is transformed from a flowing stream of lava to a vast frozen mountainside by Kaguya, Sakura asks Naruto’s shadow clone where Sasuke is. After Obito finds a way to access the other dimension to save Sasuke, Naruto’s clone suggests coming along since a huge amount of chakra is needed. He dismisses this, saying it wouldn’t be enough until Sakura offers her Hyakugou chakra. Claiming that the amount would be more than sufficient, the group then sets off to get ready to enter the other dimension. As Obito and Sakura are left alone in the desert dimension, the two work together opening several other dimensions until they find Sasuke’s, who also is trying to get out. At one point, Sakura is burnt with acid water from one of the dimensions, causing her to remove her flak jacket. When they finally spot Sasuke, Sakura calls for him to quickly come as the portal began to quickly close. Due to overuse of chakra, an exhausted Sakura begins to tire. Thinking they didn’t reach Sasuke as the portal finally closes, Sakura collapses but is caught in Sasuke’s arms and they exchange looks as he continues to hold her. Sasuke reveals his ability to Obito and Sakura, and then thanks both of them for helping him. It was then revealed that Sasuke had switched places with Sakura’s flak jacket. When the group returns back to Naruto, Naruto asks Sasuke if he thanked Sakura. However, Sasuke ignores the question and tells Naruto to focus on the enemy. Sakura watched the battle from afar, and when Kaguya tried to attack Sakura, Sasuke was about to save her before Kakashi did. As Kaguya was being sealed away after the team defeated her through a strategy of blocking, Sakura called out to Sasuke as he rushed towards her and Kakashi to tell them that they needed to get far away for safety. After returning to their world and being thanked by Hagoromo for saving the world, Sakura and Sasuke look at each other.
As Sasuke explained his goal to start a revolution by killing the five Kage and the tailed beasts, Sakura was horrified. Watching Sasuke as he prepares to leave for his battle against Naruto, a tearful and angry Sakura tries to appeal to him once more. Despite everything that’s happened, she confesses that she still loves and holds deep care for him. Tearfully continuing, Sakura states that if she could, she would had taken away all his pain and suffering and shoulder upon it herself. Knowing she was unable to nor be by his side , or even able to go down with him, Sakura states to herself as pathetic. With a tearful flashback of the night he left the village, Sakura pleads to Sasuke that if he still thought of her, even if it was just a little, she asks for him to not leave. Although this had an effect on Sasuke, causing him to briefly hesitate, he quickly calmly turns his head and meeting her eyes with his Rinnegan and again calls her annoying before ruthlessly casting a genjutsu in which pierces her chest, causing Sakura to slowly lose consciousness. Kakashi, who is by her side, quickly comes to her aid and questions Sasuke’s actions with an argument between the two Kakashi stated that Sakura never stopped wanting to save him. Sasuke claims of having no reason to love her just as he claims not seeing any reason why she would love him. In making a clear statement to Sasuke, Kakashi states that the only time when someone needs a reason is only when to hate someone. Confessing that Sakura only wanted to save him and be by his side, Kakashi continues that even after everything he’s done, Sakura still cries for him, and continued to love him, even to the point of it breaking her own heart. With a flashback, Sasuke thinks back to the portrait of his family and states that Sakura’s feelings were probably feelings from a ‘failed’ past.
After Naruto and Sasuke leave for their battle, Hagoromo states that in the end, he wants Sasuke to be able to reclaim that love he has lost. Sometime later, Sakura wakes up and immediately asks for Sasuke and Naruto’s whereabouts. Told by Kakashi that the two were probably facing each other in their final battle now, Sakura is shown great concern. When Sakura and Kakashi finally arrive at the Valley of the End, Sakura comes to both Sasuke and Naruto’s aid, and reacts with sadness when she sees they have lost both their arms from their battle. As she began healing the two, Sasuke, now redeemed and guilt-ridden for the pain he had put Sakura through, tries to speak, but is quickly cut off as she tells him she needs to concentrate on the healing. Sasuke then sincerely apologizes to Sakura, stating he’s sorry for everything he’s done up until now. Despite exclaiming her anger with criticism at Sasuke, a tearful Sakura accepts his apology. After the healing procedure is done by Sakura, Team 7 then smiles together, to which Kakashi happily comments that they had finally returned.
At some point afterwards, wanting to see the world in clearer eyes, Sasuke again begins to leave Konoha. At the gate, Sakura is shown waiting with Kakashi to send Sasuke off. She asks him to wait until his prosthetic arm is finished but Sasuke insists he needs to see how the world works with clearer eyes. Sakura, blushing, meekly asks if she could go with him, but is rejected as Sasuke states that this journey is for him to redeem himself and she has nothing to do with his sins. Depressed, Sakura mumbles to herself, but is quickly met with a warm approach from Sasuke, who smiles at her and affectionately pokes her forehead. He promises and states that he’ll see her again and gives his final words of parting with a soft “Thank you”. A surprised Sakura blushes as she watches Sasuke finally depart.
The Last: Naruto The Movie
For a school assignment, Iruka instructs his class to write down the name of the person they would want to be with should the world end. The young Sakura turns to look at an uninterested Sasuke, blushing and tries to cover her answer from Sasuke.
In the present-day of the movie, Sakura encourages Hinata’s relationship with Naruto. Hinata questions her to why she has so much support from her. Reminiscing about Sasuke, Sakura tells Hinata that they need to support each other.
When she was resting after giving him most of her chakra, Sakura and Naruto have a conversation. He is distraught at Hinata’s apparent rejection of him and Sakura comforts him, noting that Hinata may have something up her sleeve. Sakura admits that she understands Hinata’s feelings well, stating that when someone truly falls in love, their feelings don’t change so easily. Sakura thinks to Sasuke, who is shown gazing at the moon.
The Last: Naruto the Movie Novel
In the genjutsu-inducing lake, Sakura sees a gently smiling Sasuke and keeps beckoning her over. Acknowledging genjutsu, Sakura says “This is not the Sasuke I know” and breaks the illusion.
Sakura Hiden: Thoughts of Love, Riding Upon a Spring Breeze
Two years after the war, Sasuke constantly remains on Sakura’s thoughts and she wonders where he could be on his journey. Although she tries to be supportive of his journey, Sakura is actually frustrated at the fact that she and Sasuke have a long-distant relationship, to the point she hasn’t seen him since the day he left the village after the war and rarely hears from him.
When rumors start spreading of Sasuke joining a criminal organization conspiring to destroy Konoha, Sakura is one of the first people to believe Sasuke is innocent and dismisses the rumors as ludicrous. However, when he refuses to acknowledge the rumors, she grows worried. A conversation with Naruto clears her head, though, and she accepts that Sasuke likely doesn’t find the rumors important.
Sasuke’s disinterest with the rumors causes Sakura to be kidnapped by the person responsible for the rumors in hopes that he will finally appear in the Hidden Leaf Village to save her. Although Sakura states she would rather die than endanger Sasuke, she is torn between her desire to protect him versus her wanting him to save her. When Sasuke learns of the kidnapping, he rushes back to the village but Sakura is able to defeat her captors on her own. Sasuke defeats the remaining few, but doesn’t confront Sakura, who is initially sad that he didn’t at least say hello but then feels happy to know he really does care about her, to the point where he came back to try to rescue her. At the end of the novel, Sakura says she wants to ask Sasuke so many questions when he returns and she believes that is imminent, and remembers his forehead poke. The last page of the novel strongly hints Sasuke’s return to the village as he says “I’m home, Sakura.”
Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise
Sasuke has been on his journey of redemption for a couple of years and, although he is welcomed to return to Konoha if he wants to, he is unsure to whether he should or not due to the guilt he feels for betraying his friends. When Sakura learns Sasuke was asked to investigate the disappearance of Konoha, Kumo, and Kiri Shinobi, she reacts nervously due to that Sakura is still frustrated at her long-distant relationship with Sasuke.
When Sakura learns Sasuke caught the culprits and helped change their ways, Sakura felt proud of Sasuke for how much he’s accomplished to redeem himself. At the end, Sasuke receives a letter from Naruto that mentions Sakura remembering his childhood dream of joining the Konoha police force. As a result, Sasuke decides his home is with Sakura in Konoha and makes the decision to return to the village to be with her. In collaboration to Sakura Hiden, Sasuke meets with Sakura as he returns to the village and Sakura happily greets him, saying “Welcome home, Sasuke.”
In episode 488, when Chino tells Sasuke that he always had someone who loved him despite his actions, the first person Sasuke thought of was Sakura. Afterwards, Sakura is disappointed that Sasuke still didn’t return to the village after turning Chino over to the authorities. In a conversation with Naruto, Sakura is happy that Sasuke is making significant atonements but she wishes she was by his side, before becoming embarrassed of what she said and punches Naruto.
In the final episode of Naruto Shippuden, Sakura attends Naruto and Hinata’s wedding, and is sad to see Ino and Temari with Sai and Shikamaru as couples while she is alone. She sees Sasuke’s hawk flying towards her and reads a note he sent to her. The note says “congratulations”, causing Sakura to happily blush and say his name as she looks at the sky. At the same time, Sasuke stops walking and turns his head, smiling, before resuming his traveling.
After returning to the village, Sasuke and Sakura lived together for a while and they got married. When he resumed his journey, he allowed her to accompany him and she quickly became pregnant with his child. By the time Sakura went into labor, Sasuke brought her to one of Orochimaru’s hideouts and had Karin help with the delivery. Sakura then gave birth to a daughter, whom she and Sasuke named Sarada Uchiha, essentially beginning the Uchiha clan’s restoration, as Sasuke always wanted. Afterwards, the Uchiha family returned to Konoha and were able to live as a normal family for a couple of years.
When Sarada was still a toddler, Sasuke had to leave home for an important mission that would take him away from his family for years and, although he wasn’t able to keep in contact with his family, he never forgets about them. Over the years, Sarada would ask about her father and Sakura would say he would be home once his mission was over, explaining the exact reason to why he couldn’t come home yet was because they were important to him.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
A few years later, Sasuke meets with Naruto to receive a scroll and Naruto asks Sasuke why he won’t visit the village. Sasuke doesn’t respond and asks Naruto to give Sakura a message, which is that Sasuke is sorry for everything, and quickly leaves.
Shortly after, Sakura is getting ready to leave for a vacation trip and asks Sarada if she wants her to bring her back something. Sarada asks for a dad and Sakura asks her not to say such a thing. Ino takes Sakura to a seaside cliff where Sasuke and Sakura spent their first date but Sakura hardly calls it a date because it lasted for two and a half minutes and she doubts Sasuke remembers. Ino asks Sakura if Sasuke contacts her once in a while, and Sakura says no but she keeps in mind that he is traveling around the world and she can do her best for him by believing in him.
Shortly after, when Sarada arrives home from the academy, she tells Sakura that guys are stupid but yet comments that Boruto and herself have something in common, which is having distant relationships with their fathers. In the meantime, Sasuke senses something, paralleling the situation to Sarada talking about him. However, Sasuke decides to quickly dismiss it as his imagination and continues walking.
Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring
With her Academy graduation approaching and seeing all her peers train with their fathers, Sarada (now 11-years-old) feels sad that she recalls how her father left when she was still a baby and doesn’t remember much about him. With these thoughts in mind, Sarada often looks at the family’s portrait. As Sakura keeps dodging Sarada’s questions, she tries to gather information on Sasuke and the Uchiha clan but most of the information is restricted from the public. Later coming home to a Sakura doing laundry, Sarada asks her mother if Sasuke wore glasses or not. Surprised by her daughter’s question, an unsure Sakura begins giving vague answers. Angry, Sarada begins questioning the validity of her parents’ marriage, causing Sakura to quickly punch the ground. However, realizing that Sarada was only upset due to her father’s absence, Sakura quickly apologizes.
Reassuring her daughter, Sakura notes that their feelings are connected and she shouldn’t worry. Despite this, Sarada still remains doubtful, with it only further increasing when she discovers a picture of her father with Team Taka, and, “the woman with glasses.” She later confides this information, questioning Shizune, who in return quickly dismisses it. Nonetheless, Sarada follows Naruto to meet with her father. At Sarada’s request, Naruto talks about her father, noting how although Sasuke didn’t wear glasses, she looks just like him as well as like Sakura; having her father’s physical features but her mother’s personality. In her anxiety to finally meet with her father, Sarada later awakens her Sharingan.
However, with a rocky reunion, Sarada confronts and questions him about his long absence, also noting about “the woman with glasses.” Refusing to answer any of her questions as he stated it wasn’t any of her business, Sasuke quickly dismisses her. Angry, a heartbroken Sarada runs out of the tower. As Naruto goes out to comfort Sarada, he remembers a flashback from when Sasuke requested to go into a top-secret mission to gather information on Kaguya, to protect the ‘new-generation’, all the while with Sakura beside him (in the manga). When Naruto mentioned Sarada may resent him for leaving her, Sasuke replied it was better that she hate him rather than living in fear and he was confident she was better off with Sakura. Back in Konoha, Sakura woke up and is notified by Shizune about Sarada running away. At first brushing if off as Sarada being reckless, Sakura blames herself for Sarada’s dilemma because she only wanted to protect Sarada from Sasuke’s past as a criminal. Meanwhile, as Naruto is still comforting Sarada, who is only thinking about Sakura, Sakura rushes out of the village to find her daughter.
As the group is under attack by Shin and no longer having the upper hand, Shin targets Sarada but it stopped by Sasuke who quickly uses himself as a shield to protect his daughter. Joining the battle, an angry Sakura quickly plummets Shin while exclaiming his reasons for trying to kill her husband and child, leaving Sasuke, Sarada, and Naruto shocked of her sudden arrival. With the battle now calmed, Sakura then apologized to Sasuke for not properly explaining their family situation, however Sasuke quickly intervenes and says she shouldn’t be apologizing as this was majorly his fault. The two then look guilt-ridden at each other and Sakura comforts Sarada.
However, Shin attempts to kidnap Sarada but Sakura pushes her to safety before being taken to Shin’s lab and he demands for her assistance at an organ transplant surgery, Sakura refuses as he tried to kill her family and good friend. Meanwhile, Sasuke and the group arrive at Orochimaru’s hideout, suspecting Shin to be a test subject of his. Upon Orochimaru’s approach, Sasuke angrily demanded information on Shin’s whereabouts, even going as far as to threaten him if he had anything to do with Shin trying kill Sarada and kidnapping Sakura. When a DNA test is taken and seemed to show Karin as Sarada’s mother, Sarada calling Naruto a liar, as well as no longer wanting anything to do with Sakura. Naruto tries to comfort her by telling her that Sakura was still her mother no matter, stating how love is more important than blood. Sarada then remembers a time when she was still a baby and her parents were teaching her how to walk, also recalling the close relationship she had with Sakura.
In one flashback, Sarada began frequently asking questions about Sasuke and why he never came home, to which Sakura reassured her the reason why Sasuke couldn’t come home yet was because they are precious to him, also while noting this was probably something she wouldn’t be able to understand until she got older. Distraught by this, the young Sarada becomes saddened but is quickly hugged and comforted by Sakura. Out of curiosity, Sarada then asked Sakura if she and Sasuke had ever kissed. Blushing, Sakura giggles, and states that Sarada made her remember something even better than a kiss. Misunderstanding it as something else Sarada calls her mother ‘dirty’. When asked again by Sarada what was better than a kiss, Sakura softly pokes Sarada’s forehead, and promises she’ll tell her “next time.” After the flashback’s end, Sarada breaks down into tears and says she really does want to save Sakura. Confessing her doubts again how she worries things will never be the same, she is reassured once again by Naruto.
As the group reunites and ventures out to find Sakura, Orochimaru states Sakura might already be dead, much to Sasuke’s chagrin, who quickly claims that his wife is not soft or weak. In Shin’s lab, as Shin threatens Sakura, she claims that the only reason why she was keeping him alive was because of her husband, and gets ready to attack. In Complete Body Susanoo, Sasuke, Sarada and the group head over to Shin’s location where Sakura and Shin are currently engaging in battle. While still in flight, in the Susanoo, Sarada ponders about Sasuke’s feelings towards Sakura but is quickly comforted by Naruto. Pushing the thoughts aside Sarada decides to focus on saving Sakura first.
Finally reaching their location, Sasuke uses his Susanoo to break between the two and quickly grabs Shin, breaking his bones, while at the same time, safely grabbing Sakura inside the Susanoo. Pulling out the two blades inside Sakura’s wound, Sasuke quickly burns them with the Amaterasu flames. Thanking Sasuke, Sasuke then asks Sakura if she could heal herself. Softly looking at Sasuke, Sakura says yes. As Sasuke makes sure his wife is okay, Sarada examines the interaction between her parents from afar and smiles as she concludes they love each other. In the anime, Sasuke is so enraged at Shin for attacking his family that he is willing to kill a clone that is protecting Shin but as Sarada begs for him not to, Shin stabs Sasuke by impaling the clone. Sakura attempts to help her husband but is kept away by Shin. Sakura assures Sarada that she and Sasuke will protect her no matter what. After making eye contact with Sasuke, Sakura appears to flee and Shin tries to attack her but Sasuke switches places with her and Sakura punches Shin.
The group quickly engages into another battle as multiple Shin clones are later revealed. With the injured older Shin preparing for another teleportation with the sharingan spy creature, Sasuke quickly calls out to Sarada to which the young Uchiha responds by punching and destroying the ‘thing’. With more clones arriving, Sakura prepares to protect Sarada but is surprised when the young Uchiha jumps into the fight. Swearing to herself that she’d be the one to protect Sakura, Sarada demonstrates the same immense strength Sakura herself learned, injuring multiple clones at once, shocking Sakura and the entire group, with Sasuke smirking with pride. With the battle calmed, Sakura quickly rushes over to Sarada and tightly embraces her, exclaiming her concern and relief. As Sakura proceeds to say she already knew what was going on as she had heard it all from Shizune, she continues and exclaims that she really is her mother. Simply agreeing, Sarada requotes her mother’s lines about their feelings and connections from before and turns to Sasuke, questioning if her father’s feelings were truly and well connected to Sakura’s. Receiving only a simple yes, a distraught Sarada questions her father once again to why those were the only words he’d say. Sasuke replies that the proof of his love for Sakura is Sarada’s existence, which moves Sarada to tears.
The group heads back to the village. At the Gates of Konoha, they meet Ino and Chōji. Seeing Sasuke after a long time, Ino greets him loudly. Noticing this, Sarada immediately puts herself between her parents and Ino in order to protect Sasuke and Sakura’s relationship, leaving Ino surprised. After returning to the village, the family has dinner. In an extended version of this scene in the anime, Sakura insists Sarada is her biological daughter and Sarada apologizes to her parents for her recklessness but Sasuke doesn’t blame her because she inherited this trait from him, which makes her amused. The next day, Sakura and Sarada are at the gate bidding their farewells to Sasuke who is leaving again for the mission. Asking her father when he’ll be back, Sasuke is unable to give his daughter an answer, saddening Sarada. Pulling her into an embrace, Sasuke tells Sarada to not make such a face and pokes her forehead, promising he’ll see her next time, all the while as Sakura smiles at them. Finally realizing the meaning behind the forehead poke, a blushing Sarada happily turns to her mother and smiles.
Grinning, Sakura approaches the two and hands Sasuke his bento. Leaning in towards Sasuke for a kiss as a confused Sarada watches them, Sasuke quickly turns away and gives a quick bidding, leaving Sakura disappointed. As Sarada is waving goodbye to her father with Sakura still pouting, Sasuke is shown smirking to himself while clutching onto the bento. In one of Orochimaru’s hideouts, Suigetsu converses with Karin about the DNA test in which Karin herself denies the possibility and reveals that she was the one who delivered Sarada, with the umbilical cord belonging to Sakura and Sarada. Revealing that Sakura was traveling with Sasuke when she was pregnant, Sakura gave birth to Sarada in Karin’s hideout, who delivered the newborn, also revealing her friendship with Sakura. Back at the village in their new home, Sarada is seen grinning at the family’s new portrait.
Naruto Shinden: Family Day Arc
As Sasuke finished business with a village near Konohagakure, he decided to return home to visit his family. There he learned from Boruto of the new village holiday, Family Day. Told where Sarada was, Sasuke decided to spend the day with his daughter. While Sarada was overjoyed at the idea, the normally poised man struggled to connect with his daughter, simply trying to get inspiration wherever he could,instead simply embarrassing her. Finally having enough, Sarada stormed off.
￼￼Sasuke was approached by Sakura. He discussed with her his problem in connecting with Sarada. Sakura noted that having spent much of Sarada’s life away and only hearing stories about Sasuke and his various exploits, Sarada probably became disillusioned at who Sasuke was as a person and his attempts at being a dotting father seemed lame. Ultimately, Sakura suggested that he should approach Sarada more like Sasuke’s relationship was with his father and brother back in the day; just enjoying the time they have together and talk about their goals.
Later, while Sarada working on her shuriken skills, Sasuke approached her again, applauding her on the goal of becoming Hokage. He insisted that she would make a better Hokage then he ever could and would support her through her struggles, much to her delight. As the day ended, she and Sasuke returned home where the entire Uchiha family enjoyed a hearty meal together.
Boruto: Naruto The Movie Novel
When Sarada was trying to find Boruto, she remembers the changes going on around her, starting with her father coming home for good and how “shiny and glossy” her mother’s skin is, along with her being in higher spirits. The latter statement implies that Sasuke and Sakura were intimate after he came home.
When Momoshiki and Kinshiki attack during the Chunin Exam, Sasuke and Sakura save their daughter from getting crushed by debris, and Sasuke brings Sarada to Sakura. He then warns Sakura the threat they’re facing and to be alert. At the end of the novel, Sasuke is seen hiding in the darkness as he watches Sarada, Boruto, and Mitsuki talk, and exhibits a warm smile that he only shows for Sakura.
Chunin Exams Arc
After meeting with Naruto, Sasuke goes home and surprises Sakura and Sarada. Sakura collapses once she sees Sasuke out of surprise and happiness.
As Sarada leaves home to meet with her team, she comments that her mother, Sakura, is in high spirits and contributes it to Sakura being happy now that her father, Sasuke, has come back home. Embarrassed, Sakura blushes and insists that it’s Sarada who is the happiest. Sakura heals Sarada’s injuries after her fight against Araya, asking her when she learned the fire ball technique, Sarada answers that her dad has taught her that technique. Sarada asks Sakura if Sasuke will come home, she tells her that he is fine with that way, besides he comes to sleep at night once in a while,when she aren’t aware, since he is working for the benefit of the world. Sarada teases Sakura how brave she is.
After the Otsutsuki invasion in which the two had the duty of saving the villagers, Sakura would later join with Sarada and few others to watch Sasuke travel to another dimension with Boruto and the other Kages to find the captured Naruto. When everything was calmed down with Naruto’s return, Sakura sits with Sasuke on a rooftop as they watch over their daughter, Sarada, along with her teammates, Boruto, and Mitsuki have a conversation at the Hokage Monument. The end credits show various scenes of Sasuke and Sakura with Sarada to emphasize the new generation.
Time Slip Arc
After Sasuke helped in delivering Shukaku safely to the village, he was given some down-time. While Sakura was happy to have her husband back, she was dismayed by how little time he spent at home. Regardless, she decided to make his favourite dinner to welcome him home.
Meanwhile, Sasuke and Boruto were sent back in time to shortly after Sasuke’s defection, past-Sakura bumped into the two. Fearing changing the future from interacting with his future wife, Sasuke decided to keep his distance, mentioning that he and Sakura are too close.
In Konoha, as Sakura was returning home from another grueling session of training with Tsunade, she bumped into adult Sasuke. He quickly apologized and rushed off, dropping a piece of paper in the process (a letter from Sarada). Sakura looked at the contents. While it was revealed to be a letter with the message smeared too much to read, Sakura made out Sasuke’s name written on it. Suspecting that Boruto knew something about Sasuke, she decided to confront him about it. Boruto, nervous about being found out, simply said that he knew a different Sasuke then the one she knew. While seeing that he was hiding something, Sakura decided to drop the subject with Boruto, instead finding the stranger’s teacher to ask him directly.
She later found the mysterious man battle an unknown assailant alongside Boruto and Jiraiya, who was after Naruto. When Sasuke’s efforts proved futile thanks to his continued fatigue and the foe’s strange abilities, he tackled the man into the river with him. While the man emerged unharmed but fuming at Sasuke’s interference, Sakura fished Sasuke out of the river and hid him while using her new medical ninjutsu to treat him. Eventually, Sasuke awoke, accidentally addressing her by name. As she began to ask him questions, her efforts to heal Sasuke overtaxed her and she fainted. Sasuke gently laid her down before going to help his allies.
Days later, after Urashiki was defeated and Sasuke and the others were discharged from the hospital, Sasuke and Boruto were ready to leave. Before they could, they were approached by Sakura again, still determined to learn “the stranger’s” connection to Sasuke. As Sasuke fumbled to find an excuse, Jiraiya chimed in, giving an elaborate story about how they were avid fans of his and wanted to train under him, hence the injuries. Sakura ultimately accepted the story, finding the traveler strange.[external_link offset=2]
Before leaving, Sasuke used his Sharingan to erase Sakura’s memories, along with everyone else of the past, of the recent events to protect the timeline. After Sasuke and Boruto returned to the present, Sasuke found his wife sleeping at the table, waiting for him. After she awoke and greeted him, she decided to make him some food, to which Sasuke warmly thanked her.
Kara Actuation Arc
As Sarada sought intense training from Sasuke, Sakura watched from afar in concern for her daughter. During a break, Sasuke asks Sarada how her eyes are taking the stain. Sarada says they are fine, and having researched about it and found much, she asks him about the Mangekyō Sharingan and if she can awaken it, but Sasuke postpones the conversation. Sakura arrives, and Sarada tells her of her progress. Sakura voiced her concern that Sarada was pushing herself too hard after just recovering, but Sasuke assures her he’s making sure Sarada doesn’t overdo it. Sakura gets agitated when Sarada mentions wanting to develop her Sharingan like her father’s. Sarada feels frustrated, believing her mother is being overprotective, refusing to see why she wanted to see why she wanted to get stronger and stormed off. Alone with her husband. Sakura admitted that as a mother, she coudn’t handle the thought of Sarada being injured again like she did, Likewise she feared the path Sarada could potentially walk as a wielder of The Sharingan, given the Uchiha history with loss. As her mother, she is scared if her daughter can’t bear this fate unlike her father, to which Sasuke declines, stating that Sakura is strong too, insisted that as parents, they have to prepare Sarada as much as possible, and that she is strong as they were back then.
The following day, as Sarada continued struggling to evade all of Sasuke’s barrages, Sakura approached again. She insisted that just blindly facing the challenge wouldn’t yield any results. She forced Sarada into a sparing match with her, which Sasuke agreed to as Sakura’s insight could determine things he couldn’t. After Sakura quickly overwhelmed Sarada, she noted that Sarada’s biggest problems were her still underdeveloped chakra control and fear of defeat, which were inhibiting her development. Determined to break past her limits, Sarada faced down Sakura again, using her Sharingan to mimic the movements and general timing of Sakura’s attacks to mimic Sakura’s chakra-enhanced strength and reach a standstill. Sasuke was impressed by his daughter, and Sakura was now determined to help Sarada overcome her limits by joining in her training.
While buying flowers at Yamanaka Flowers for Sasuke’s imminent return, Ino disapproved the idea of a husband who is almost never home, to which Sakura responded that she only wanted him to return the village safely despite feeling lonely at times. Ino claimed that she is envious of Sakura being able to stay forever a girl in love. Finding Sakura and Ino, Sarada came to ask Sakura about her forehead seal. Afterwards Sakura asked her to take the flowers she had bought home, leading to Sarada excitingly learning Sasuke was coming home.
After Sasuke and Naruto had been defeated by Jigen, with Sasuke reluctantly abandoning Naruto at Naruto’s own request that he escape to fight for another day, he teleported to Sakura, who quickly rushed him to hospital and pulled him out of critical condition, being shown concerned for her husband.
After Sasuke and Naruto made a full recovery, Sarada and her team were treated as well, after making a daring rescue of Naruto. Sarada explained to her parents how during their battle against Boro, it was only thanks to a strange new evolution of Boruto’s Kāma that they were able to defeat him. She noted that Boruto not only sprouted a horn and manifested a Byakugan in his right eye with his massive increase in power, but even was acting differently. This concerned Sasuke, but Sakura told her daughter to rest.
- It is confirmed that since Sakura’s childhood, she has always had feelings for Sasuke
- Sakura’s setting goal was to be with Sasuke during their introduction to Team 7.
- Revealed in the Part I of the series, Sakura was shown to have feelings for Sasuke.
- These feelings are hinted to becoming love after he taught her the meaning of loneliness and showed her his own imperfections along with his true driven nature, instead of liking him for his looks and cool attitude.
- It was confirmed in the Part I of the series that Sakura wanted Sasuke’s acknowledgement.
- It is hinted she achieved this through her energetic and genuine caring for him, her surprising intelligence, and emotional (and physical) strength towards their team.
- Sasuke has called Sakura “annoying” three times, each time showing different emotions. 
- Sakura has hugged Sasuke numerous times
- Sasuke has saved Sakura numerous times and vice versa.
- Sasuke revealed that he considers Sakura as someone precious/dear to him.
- Sakura stated that without Sasuke, she would feel alone.
- Sakura has confessed to Sasuke twice.
- Sakura confessed to Sasuke before he left the village.
- Sakura re-confessed her feelings to Sasuke before the last battle between him and Naruto.
- Sasuke has thanked Sakura three times.
- Sasuke stands behind her back and gives her a soft “thank you” before leaving the village.
- Sasuke thanks both Sakura and Obito when they saved him.
- Before leaving on a journey, Sasuke promises that he will see her again as he poked her forehead, the same affectionate gesture that he shared with his brother. This same gesture is eventually used by both Sakura and Sasuke to Sarada in a family-like tradition. 
- During the two and a half time skip period, Sakura was noted to frequently gather information about finding Sasuke.
- During Part I and Part II, whenever Sasuke was mentioned, Sakura would defend or act in some sort that references towards him. In Gaiden this is shown again, now following in vice versa with both Sasuke and Sakura defending/acting in accordance of each other.
- During each Team 7 reunion, Sasuke and Sakura would always be the first to acknowledge each other
- Though not as shown as with Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura had complemented their skills and worked together quite well through the Fourth Shinobi World War and Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
- Sakura is one of the few people Sasuke has genuinely apologized to.
- In the novel Shikamaru Hiden, Sakura states that she is with Sasuke, implying they are a couple.
- In the novel Akatsuki Hiden, Sakura Haruno’s character introduction “who, no matter how many times he coldly pushed her away, loved him earnestly, trying to give Sasuke’s freezing heart the spring sunlight.”
- Sakura is the reason why Sasuke decides to return to Konoha following his journey of redemption. 
- It is revealed in the final chapter that Sasuke and Sakura are married and have a daughter named Sarada Uchiha. 
- As a now married couple, Sakura refers to Sasuke as “anata” (アナタ, meaning darling) and often as her husband (旦那様, Dan’nasama), whereas Sasuke often refers to Sakura as Tsuma (妻, which means wife but with a little adoration).
- Shown numerous times and always being heavily noted, confirmed in Gaiden, despite the family’s distance, Sasuke and Sakura have been stated to be both emotionally and mentally connected with each other as well to their daughter, signifying their bond and great importance to each other. 
- Although she misses Sasuke and wishes for him to be home more often, Sakura remains supportive of his duties, tries to help in what she can, and is very loyal to him.  Likewise, Sasuke feels guilty for these actions, but also does everything he can through his missions in order to protecting the village and mostly his family.
- The Boruto: Naruto the Movie novel strongly implies that Sasuke and Sakura have a very intimate relationship.
- It is hinted that Sasuke acts stoic around Sakura in public, but in privacy he shows her a more gentle and loving side, which is supported in Naruto Gaiden and the Boruto novelization.
- According to Sasuke Retsuden, Sasuke gave Sakura a ring made of his Chakra as a symbol of their bond.
Sakura to Sasuke (who later revealed to be Naruto) – Chapter 3:
- “All I want is…for you [Sasuke] to acknowledge me. And I’m absolutely serious about this. I would do anything… because I like you a lot.”
Sasuke to Sakura – Chapters 3, 181, and 693:
- “You’re annoying… ” —- ” You really are annoying…” —- “You really are – damned annoying.”
Sakura to Sasuke – Chapter 31:
- “I memorize the more than 100 ideas of a ninja’s know-how, and I always wrote down the answers proudly. One day, this problem showed up on a test… Answer the 25th clause of the ninja know-how. and I wrote down that answer as usual. A ninja must not show any emotion in any situation. A ninja must put the mission first and must have a heart that will allow him not to cry. …Sasuke-kun.”
Sasuke to himself and Sakura – Chapter 33:
- “Did I… die? …Sakura? Am I.. am I..? …Sakura, you’re heavy.”
Sasuke to Sakura – Chapter 36:
- “Sakura, you must have noticed first, right? Your analytical ability and genjutsu know-how.. is the most improved on our team.”
Sasuke to a injured yet worried Sakura – Chapter 55-56:
- “Sakura, who did this to you?… Don’t worry. Actually, strength is flowing in…. Sakura, tell me, who injured you?!
Sakura to herself and a Cursed Marked Sasuke – Chapter 56:
- “This… This isn’t the real Sasuke I know… Stop!!.. Please, stop…”
Sakura to Sasuke – Chapter 66:
- “Sasuke-kun… I knew it. You..you’ve been acting strange. That mark, it still hurts, right? If you continue…!! ..Please.. please quit. I’m.. afraid.. —- You are in no condition to fight right now!!! …I can see it!! You’ve been hiding the pain all this time..!! — I don’t want to see you suffer anymore.. To me, you are..”
Sasuke to Sakura – Chapter 66:
- “..This has nothing to do with you. Stay out of my business. As I have already told you before, I am in an avenger. — I can’t forgive even you… if you take that away from me..”
Sakura Talks of Flowers and Love – Chapter 93:
- “Even during winter it keeps it’s beauty, never losing to the cold. A strong flower that waits for the hope of spring.”
Sasuke to Naruto about Sakura – Chapter 133:
- “Hey…Naruto. You have to save Sakura no matter what.. I know you can save her. Once you’ve got her, carry her, and run..as far…and as fast as you can.. Even if it’s just for a while.. I’ll be able to hold him in place. Never again.. I’ve already lost everything once before. I don’t want to watch those precious to me die before my eyes again..”
Sasuke to Pakkun – Chapter 138:
- “Take care of Sakura..”
Sasuke to Sakura – Chapter 181:
- “I know the four of us have worked together. And for a while, I thought I could choose that path instead… but in the end… I’ve decided on revenge.”
Sakura to Sasuke about Revenge and Loneliness- 181
- “It won’t bring anyone happiness.. not even you, Sasuke… Nor me… ‘On that day, you taught me that solitude is painful… I understand that so well right now. I have family and I have friends.. but if you’re gone… To me… It will be the same as being alone…”
Sakura’s Confession to Sasuke – Chapter 181:
- “I…I love you with all my heart! If you were to stay with me…there would be no regrets. Because everyday, we’d so something fun. We’d be happy, I swear! Please… stay with me. I’ll even help you with your revenge. I don’t know what I could do but I’ll try my best to do something. So please, stay with me… or take me with you if you can’t stay here…”
Sasuke’s response to Sakura’s 1st confession – Chapter 181:
- “Sakura… Thanks you… for everything…”
Shikamaru to Sakura about Sasuke: – Chapter 183
- “Even you couldn’t convince Sasuke, right?”
Naruto to Sakura – Chapter 183:
- “Sakura-chan, you really like Sasuke huh? ..I know how much pain you’re in because of Sasuke. I can understand.”
Sakura to Sai about Sasuke – Chapter 286:
- “As for me… I don’t want your forgiveness. Since you don’t know a damn thing about Sasuke-kun, don’t you dare try to act like you do. The next time you say something bad about Sasuke-kun… I won’t hold back…!!”
Sakura to Sai – Chapter 289:
- “I told you that if you bad-mouthed Sasuke-kun once more, I wouldn’t hold back…But I didn’t do that because of what Naruto just said…that to save Sasuke-kun, he’d even work with someone like you who bad-mouths him…No matter who you are…to save Sasuke-kun, I won’t hurt you…”
Sakura and Sasuke to each other – Chapter 306, Chapter 483, Chapter 631:
- “Sasuke.. – Sakura…”
Karui to Sakura – Kage Summit – Chapter 453:
- “God, you’re so annoying!! What’s Sasuke to you anyway…?!”
Shikamaru to Sakura about Sasuke – Chapter 459:
- “…You get what I’m saying…. don’t you, Sakura…? We need to personally take care of him [Sasuke] ourselves… That’s why I’ve come… to ask your permission, Sakura…
Sakura to Naruto about Sasuke – Chapter 469:
- “I’m saying there’s nothing between me and Sasuke anymore.. I don’t know what I was thinking, liking a person like that. I just suddenly realized there’s no sense in continuing to love someone who’s a fugitive and a criminal… I can’t stay a kid forever.. I want to face reality… Sasuke-kun.. he just keeps drifting away further and further from me.. All Sasuke has done is commit crimes and break my heart.. More and more, he’s becoming a different person than he was, so distant..”
Naruto to Sai about Sakura – Chapter 474:
- “No way… Sakura-chan would never… she loves’ Sasuke so much’.”
￼Sai to Naruto about Sakura’s true feelings – Chapter 474:
- ” It’s because she loves him… that she doesn’t want him to sink any lower. It’s she because she loves him that she wants him to rescue him from the evil path he walks now. Even if the only way to do it is to kill him with her own hands, I believe she’s prepared to do it because she loves him.”
Karin about Sakura – Chapter 483:
- “She’s…an old friend… she must love him [Sasuke] too…”
A shinobi to Sakura after she rejected him by saying she’s in love with someone else (who later revealed to be Sasuke) – Chapter 540:
- “I hope it works out for you. He must be a really great guy… if you’re in love with him.”
Sakura to Sasuke and Naruto – Chapter 631:
- “Do you think I’m just a weak woman that can’t help the two of you at all? Lady Tsunade trains her disciples as good as the other Sannin… Soon I’ll be able to use my real power… I’m also a member of Team 7, and a disciple of a Sannin…”
Sasuke to himself about Sakura’s superhuman strength – Chapter 632
Sakura to Sai about Sasuke – Chapter 635:
- “Sasuke-kun finally came back. I’m happy that he did… and I trust him.”
Sasuke to Sakura and Kakashi about Madara – 675
- “He could come back anytime soon. Don’t let your guard down…“
Kakashi about Sakura’s view on Sasuke – Chapter 675 (VIZ translations):
- “And Sakura… I bet your feelings for Sasuke have changed from what they were back then. You still love him, but on a totally different level. He tried to take your life away, but yet… You still care for him. You won’t cut him off no matter what, and you think it’s your duty to save him from the darkness. That’s the kind and gentle girl you are.”
Sasuke to Sakura and Obito about saving him – Chapter 682:
- “This is my power… There’s a limit but… Thanks to you, I made it”.
Sakura re-confessing her feelings to Sasuke – Chapter 693:
- “The truth is.. I’ve always known in my heart, there was nothing I could have done for you. But I love you..!! No matter what’s happened, I still care for you more than I can bear.. If I could had taken all your pain… onto myself to comfort you, I would have.. and here we are again, and still all I can do is sit here and cry. …I’m so pathetic..! But.. Sasuke-kun! If I still have a place in your heart, no matter how small it may be.. then please.. I’m begging you, don’t slip away any further..! If we just all stayed together.. forever.. Then I’m sure.. some day.. things would go back to how they used to be..”
Sasuke to Kakashi about Sakura’s feelings – Chapter 693:
- “Was she having fun in her fantasy of true love? As for me, I see no reason to love her and likewise, I can see no reason why she would love me…. That’s probably just.. chains from a failed past that she’s feeling..”
Hagoromo about Sasuke and Naruto about ‘Love’ – Chapter 693:
- “Rather.. I pray they’re able to reclaim the love they’ve lost… Not just Naruto. But Sasuke as well.. Because unlike Kaguya, they’ve known something of love.”
Kakashi to Sasuke about Sakura’s feelings – Chapter 693:
- “Sakura… never stopped wanting to save you. Never… The only time when you need a reason is when to hate someone!! Besides, all Sakura wanted just now was to be yours! She only wanted to save you! This girl here… who you’ve been more ready to kill.. Even now, she’s crying tears filled with thoughts of you… Because she loves you so much, it’s breaking her heart..!!”
Sasuke apologizing to Sakura – Chapter 699:
- “Sakura… I.. I’m sorry.. for everything up until now…”
Sakura accepting Sasuke’s apology – Chapter 699:
- “..You’d better damn well be… Shannaroo… you jerk.”
Sasuke’s farewell to Sakura – Chapter 699:
- “I’ll see you again when I come back… and thank you.”
Sakura to Naruto about Hinata and their similar love while mesmerizing to Sasuke – The Last: Naruto the Movie:
- “Remember long ago when you said you loved me? But, wasn’t that because I loved Sasuke? — When a girl truly falls in love, her feelings don’t change that easily. They can’t change. I understand how she feels very well..”
Sasuke to Naruto about Sakura – Boruto: Naruto Next Generation episode 15:
- “Give Sakura a message for me. Tell her, I’m sorry for everything.
Sakura to Sarada about Sasuke – Chapter 700+1:
- “Your feelings and emotions are definitely reaching out to and are connected to your father, don’t worry.”
Naruto to Sarada about Sasuke and Sakura – Chapter 700+4:
- “Sasuke never wore glasses though.. but otherwise, you look exactly like him. Especially your eyes.. but as far as the rest of you goes, you’re the splittin’ image of Sakura-chan! Especially how scary you both get when pissed off..”
Sakura to Shin Uchiha about Sasuke and Sarada – Chapter 700+6:
- “Try laying your hands on my husband and beloved daughter again!! …Shannnnarooooooo!!”
Sasuke to Sakura about Sarada – Chapter 700+6:
- “No… no matter how you try and spin it.. I’m the one who has to own up to it.. You’re not the one who should be apologizing.. but.. I just..”
Sakura to Shin – Chapter 700+7:
- “Even if everything you said is true… these are not the genes of species we’re talking about here… What you’re gibly talking about using up and tossing out are the vessels of flesh! Neither thoughts, emotions, nor free will dwell within flesh! This is not about the transmission of genes between parent and child.. —- You have no idea… what it means to be a parent or what humans hold dear!
Sasuke to Orochimaru about Sakura and Sarada – Chapter 700+7:
- “Some man who appeared like he was one of your subordinates tried to kill my child and kidnapped my wife. If you’re scheming something, you had better come clean now.”
Naruto to Sarada about Sasuke and Sakura – Chapter 700+8:
- “….The connections between your mother, your father, and you… is that really all they’re made of? Bonds aren’t merely made up of just time and blood….! There’s something stronger than both of those! …Love. That’s all you really need.”
Sakura to Sarada about Sasuke – Chapter 700+8:
- “…Sarada.. You and I are very precious to your dad.. That’s exactly why he can’t come home. I don’t think you’ll be able to understand it now… but the day will come when you do.”
Sakura to Sarada about Sasuke and their first kiss – Chapter 700+8:
- “Hehehe….It’s nothing.. You just made me remember something even nicer.. We’ll have to save that conversation for next time, okay?”
Sakura to Shin about Sasuke – Chapter 700+8:
- “Hmph.. because my husband was investigating exactly who you are and what you were after… that’s the only reason you still have the ability to talk… Got it?!”
Sasuke to Orochimaru about Sakura – Chapter 700+8
- “My wife isn’t a weak woman. When we get there we might find she’s tidied up the place.”
Sakura to Sasuke – Chapter 700+9
- “Darling…thank you.”
Sarada to Sakura and Sasuke – Chapter 700+10:
- “Yeah.. I know.. it’s fine now.. We have all these thoughts and memories… All that matters is that we love each other… And our feelings are genuinely connected.. Dad.. Do you think your feelings are well and truly connected to Mom..?… How are you so sure about it?
Sasuke to Sarada about Sakura – Chapter 700+10:
- “…Yeah. — ‘ Because you exist, Sarada.”
Sarada to Sakura about Sasuke – Boruto: Naruto the movie
- “Does Dad coming home after a long time make you happy?”
Uchiha’s dinner – Boruto episode 196
- Sakura: Is it good? Is it good?
- Sarada: It’s delicious!
- Sakura: Thanks! I should ask your dad the same.
- Sasuke: It’s really good.
- Sakura: Oh…- really?!
- Sarada: hehe mom. You’re acting like newlyweds.
Databook 1 (Sakura Haruno’s Profile):
- “Sakura’s feelings towards Sasuke has been unrequited since childhood. Despite having to handle tough training and missions, she also gives her all in love – certainly she might be an ideal among the girls. Watching her, I can’t help but root for her!”
- “Sakura’s goal is to have Sasuke notice her… for him to turn around and really see her.. so that he might fall in love. Little does she realize that this goal acts as a powerful weapon in her arsenal, constantly motivating her to sharpen her skills as a shinobi so she can impress Sasuke during every task and mission!”
- “True love conquers all! When Sakura is assigned to the same squad as Sasuke, she jumps one step ahead of Ino, her rival for his affection! Hoping to immediately start taking advantage of this opportunity, she decides to make the first move and approaches Sasuke with her most alluring smile!”
- “Sasuke is dead…?! Her heart was torn between her shinobi’s duties and pure love.”
Databook 1 (Sasuke Uchiha’s Profile):
- “Though until then he had taken no notice of either love or friendship, after meeting with Naruto and Sakura, Sasuke begins to accept them as nakama, even if only little by little. In Sasuke’s eyes, before he even notice it, he and Naruto became mutual good rivals capable of boosting up each other’s skill – and also, when his heart was about to be swallowed by Orochimaru’s wicked cursed seal again, he was rescued by Sakura…”
- “Despite the lack of that awareness [that Orochimaru’s seal is giving him more power / chakra], Sasuke’s killing intent sharpens like a blade, and he starts shooting at the opponent who tried to hurt his “precious friend” who he was supposed to protect.”
- “Sakura willingly and bravely calms the rampaging Sasuke under the influence of the cursed seal. Sakura’s heart, thinking of Sasuke, devours the wicked power.”
Databook 2 (Sasuke Uchiha’s Profile):
- “Growing distant, towards darkness.. the one to appear before him as he began to leave was Sakura. To the back of a Sasuke that tried to face away from what was left behind, Sakura desperately conveys her feelings. Bright and earnest feelings – feelings that did not want to lose Sasuke. The one who filled his lonely existence with the emotion called love was Sakura. But as expected, Sasuke cannot respond to those feelings. Sasuke was only able to leave a single word of thanks as a parting.”
- “Sakura, who needed him to the last. His words are not a deceit but his true feelings.”
- “Friendship and love, a future filled with warmth. But as long as he is there, he cannot make his dream come true. This is why he throws away a future with his friends. To make dreams of revenge a reality…”
- “Sasuke is trying to leave the village, and Sakura implores him to give up that idea. In response to her wish, Sasuke answers her with a simple ‘You’re annoying.’ They are the same words that he uttered back when Team Kakashi was formed… but so many missions have passed since then, and now the meaning that he puts into those same words differ greatly. Even though he understands the love that she feels for him, in order to sever all his connections Sasuke turns his back to the village.”
Databook 2 (Sakura Haruno’s Profile):
- “Even with concern in her heart, she acts bright and happy.”
- “Her passion for Sasuke is unchanging. In front of Sasuke, her personality changes but his apathy is constant.”
- “Emergency where Sasuke is down. There is no emergency greater than this! But she tries to calmly make decisions.”
- “Fighting spirit A spirit that doesn’t back down but fights back! To protect what is precious to her!!”
- “A parting with a loved one that tears at her heart. Sasuke left the Leaf Village. Sakura’s heart did not reach him. Naturally lonely and peace loving, for Sakura, the loss of one teammate causes her great pain. Thus, if that person is someone she loves, the pain is greater. So she shouts out her love which goes unheeded, squeezing the words out of her throat. It’s as if this is her imprisoning destiny.”
- ” Sakura cannot understand why Sasuke is throwing away his village and his friends.”
- “A New Beginning. Sakura who swears to begin anew. This is her resolution to bring back Sasuke by her own self. No matter how hard the journey, Sakura will never give up….because to her this is the ninja’s way.”
Databook 3 (Sakura Haruno’s Pofile):
- “There’s a saying: “Turning hardship and grief into nourishment is what makes a sakura, a cherry tree’s flower, so gorgeous”. Indeed, Haruno Sakura, a kunoichi from Konoha grew up beautifully out of the sorrows she’s experienced. The death of a close one, then the parting of ways with the person she loved… But whenever she was hurt, she faced forward, and tearfully vowed to become stronger. Those sorrows engraved into her heart, her predispositions as a shinobi will certainly prove even more fruitful, as she’s obtained apprenticeship under Tsunade, the legendary kunoichi. The day when the entrancingly graceful, fully bloomed sakura flower dances upon the battleground is close at hand!”
- “Earnestly wishing the old days back, she chases after him!!”
- “Sakura is well aware that in shinobi world, one must pay a fair price to obtain something. If she can get Sasuke back…if those ordinary days that were lost return again, Sakura is willing to make any sacrifice. It is the resolve that gives her the strength to forge ahead toward the future.”
- “To bring back life as it was before Sasuke left. And to keep her friends from getting hurt. When she pounded on Tsunade’s door, Sakura bid farewell to the young Sakura who could do nothing but cry on the night.”
- “Whenever she thinks of Sasuke, she is gripped with regret. At the same time, she feels strength welling up inside her!”
Databook 4 (Sakura Haruno’s Profile) :
- “Sakura’s favorite case doesn’t talk about her love for Sasuke: Sakura used to hold a goodwill/benevolence towards Sasuke during her childhood. Even after he fell into darkness, that feeling of her didn’t vanished.”
- “She was rejected many and many times, and yet that girl still holds on her feelings. She wants to save Sasuke who took a wrong paths. Sakura who holds an ardent will, offer her help (offer her hand) to Sasuke who made her suffer. She intended to kill Sasuke herself.”
- “Sai saw a lie through Sakura’s smiling face when she said “I trust/believe in Sasuke-kun.” Desire/Aspiration and anxiety/insecurity, her heart sways/shakes complexly.”
Among the Fans
SasuSaku is one of the most popular pairings in the fandom. It is supported due to the growth of their feelings for each other and Sakura’s shown devotion towards Sasuke as well as the bond they shared throughout the sessions of the series. With the release and completion of the sequel Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring where both the pairing and their child, Sarada Uchiha, were shown and given more in depth, the pairing has become even more popular. It is often featured alongside NaruHina in non-Naruto material. As well as nearly always a companionship to NaruHina, it is also a rival pairing to NaruSaku, SasuNaru and SasuKarin.
- It was revealed that Masashi Kishimoto had not initially intended to create Sasuke Uchiha. After speaking with his editor about the future of the series, he was advised to create a rival character for the series’ protagonist, Naruto Uzumaki, which resulted in Sasuke’s creation. Kishimoto Masashi created Sasuke by using ideas from an old manga and anime character named Sasuke Sarutobi. Ironically, Sarutobi Sasuke; the character Kishimoto Masashi used, also had a female companion named Sakura.
- In Otonafami #25 Masashi Kishimoto had stated the parting scene between Sasuke and Sakura to be one exceptionally hard for him to draw:
- If I had to mention a difficult scene, it would be the parting scene between Sakura and Sasuke. The scene when Sasuke leaves the village of Konoha. Sakura, the heroine, stops him – and shouts “I love you” at him. It made it sound a bit like they were lovers, which felt rather embarrassing (laughs).
- If I had to mention a difficult scene, it would be the parting scene between Sakura and Sasuke. The scene when Sasuke leaves the village of Konoha. Sakura, the heroine, stops him – and shouts “I love you” at him. It made it sound a bit like they were lovers, which felt rather embarrassing (laughs).
- Sasuke and Sakura’s scene in Chapter 181 is classed as the best scene in Databook 2.
- In Jump Festa 2011, there was a confession that Kishimoto consulted to a co-worker before writing the parting scene for Sasuke and Sakura since he didn’t understand women’s hearts.
- He also noted that while drawing Sakura’s crying face, he was making the same face
- During a Jump Festa in 2010 when an interviewer asked about Sakura’s feelings for both Naruto and Sasuke, Masashi Kishimoto stated that although Naruto is close and Sakura worries about him, Sakura loves Sasuke.
- In Naruto Bonds: The Words that Bind , Sakura is introduced as a kunoichi who loves Sasuke.
- In Entermix Magazine, Masashi Kishimoto stated that Sakura was always devoted to Sasuke.
- Kishimoto first planned Sasuke and Sakura’s romance in the early production of Naruto.
- In 2015 Da Vinci interview , the anime voice actors of Team 7 revealed that right after the anime start to airing, Kishimoto told them that Sasuke would eventually end up together with Sakura.
- During a 2015 interview, Sasuke’s Japanese voice actor, Noriaki Sugiyama, joked that Sasuke is fearful of Sakura due to her temper and dominating nature in their relationship. Sugiyama also implied that Sasuke realized he always loved Sakura after his final battle with Naruto.
- In Naruto Special Talk Show in Japan, the forehead poke is described as the “Ultimate Expression of Love”.
- Sasuke and Sakura are the only members of the same team to marry and have a family.
- According to Kishimoto, deep down Sasuke has always been grateful to Sakura for loving him. Despite not reciprocating her feelings until the series’ conclusion, Sasuke has always had deep feelings for Sakura, which were eventually restored and grew stronger once his hatred and desire for revenge faded away. In addition, Kishimoto said that, despite everything, Sakura is the last person Sasuke ever wanted to hurt.
- During The Seishi Kishimoto×Masashi Kishimoto brothers mangaka Interview Kishimoto stated that Sasuke and Sakura are connected with each other:
- ” Although they’re a couple who rarely see each other, their feelings are connected just as Sakura said. I think readers will understand the meaning of her words when they read through the Gaiden till the end, so please read from cover to cover and let the connection between Sakura and Sasuke sink in.”
- In Otakon conventions, Yuri Lowenthal, Sasuke’s English Dubbed actor, and Kate Higgins, Sakura’s English Dubbed Voice actress, would spoof how Sasuke and Sakura act towards each other.
- “Sasuke” is proposing to “Sakura.” 0:46-1:46
- “Sasuke” and “Sakura” answering phone calls while training
- SasuSaku is the 2015 Couples Bracket winner.
- SasuSaku is the only Naruto pairing which listed in one of the list of “50 of the most popular “ships” in fandom culture”
- The couple ranked 7th on a poll for the most reblogged ship on Tumblr.
- SasuSaku is the only Naruto pairing that made it into the top 20 most reblogged ships on Tumblr in 2016, having dropped 7 places, it ranked 14th.
- SasuSaku made it into the 2018’s top ships on Tumblr, ranked 30th
- “Sasuke Retsuden: Mr. & Mrs. Uchiha and the Starry Heavens” got it’s 2nd reprint in Japan after it’s initial release on August 2nd, 2019
- Sasuke’s promise to Sakura “I’ll see you next time” is considered as one of Top 5 best scenes from “NARUTO to BORUTO THE LIVE 2019” ranked 3th.
- http://sasusaku-fied.tumblr.com/tagged/analysis (Analysis is towards Uchiha Sasuke’s feelings)
- SasuSaku Live Journal: http://rikkaiawesome.livejournal.com/9313.html (Classics to Early Shippuden)
- http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=4641805&page=1 (SS. Databook, Interviews, Essays Collection )
- http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=450414 (SasuSaku theories from Shinto Myths)
- Dossier – SPECIAL SASUSAKU Databook Interview Jump-Festa Collection
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 301, page 10 [Official Viz Media Translation]
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 54
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 4 and 675
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 3
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 3
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 3, Chapter 181, Chapter 693
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 33, 56, 172
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 4, 10, 38, 47, 56, 129, 138, 267, 632, 685
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 133
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 181
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 181
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 693
- ↑ Manga:Chapter 181
- ↑ Naruto Chapter 685
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 699, 700+8, 700+10
- ↑ Manga: Chapters 267
- ↑ Manga: Chapters 56, 257, 267, 286, 451, 452, 453, 459, 683, 685, 700+1, 700+6, 700+7, 700+8, 700+9
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 306, Chapter 483, Chapter 631
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 699
- ↑ Novel: Shikamaru Hiden
- ↑ Novel: Sasuke Shinden
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 700
- ↑ Chapter 700+6, 700+7, 700+8, 700+9, 700+10
- ↑ Manga: Chapter 700, 700+1, 700+5, 700+10
- ↑ Chapter 700+1, 700+5, 700+8
- ↑ Boruto Naruto The Movie Interview (in japanese)
- ↑ /岸本聖史×岸本斉史 双子漫画家兄弟対談
- ↑ Couple Bracket Winner
- ↑ 
- ↑ Tumblr 2015 Year in Review official blog
- ↑ Tumblr 2016 Year in Review
- ↑ 
- ↑ Jun Esaka’s Official Twitter Account (Author of Sasuke Retsuden)