Article ID : 0908603917 / Last Modified : 07/23/2019
Follow these steps to access the BIOS on a VAIO® computer.[external_link_head]
WARNING: Other than resetting the BIOS to the default values, making changes to the BIOS is an advanced procedure that can produce unintended results if not done properly. For instance, if you set a Machine Password and later forget that password, it will require advanced technical support and possibly service to regain access to the computer.[external_link offset=1]
- With the computer turned completely off, press and hold the Assist button until the black VAIO screen appears.
NOTE: The location of the Assist button will be different depending on the computer model. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer for the exact location of the Assist button on your model.
- At the VAIOCare | Rescue Mode screen, use the Arrow keys to highlight the Start BIOS setup [F2] option, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Setup Utility screen, use the Arrow keys to navigate through the various setup screens and options, use the Enter key to select different screens and options, and use the ESC key to exit the different screens or options.
IMPORTANT: To reset the computer BIOS to the original default values, press the F9 key and then save the changes and exit.
- Once all the desired changes have been made, press the ESC key until the Exit menu is displayed.
- On the Exit menu, press the Down Arrow key until the desired exit option is highlighted, and then press the Enter key.
A place where you can find solutions and ask questions