Bloodthorn is an item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Weapons. However, it requires an item from the Secret Shop to be completed.
Silences a target for 5 seconds. At the end of the silence, an additional 30% of all damage taken during the silence will be dealt to the target as magical damage.[external_link_head]
All attacks on the silenced target will have True Strike and 100% chance to crit for 130% damage.
Cast Range: 900
Damage Amplification: 30%
Critical Proc Chance: 100%[external_link offset=1]
Critical Damage: 130%
Effect persists and attempts to deal damage when expiring while spell immune if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
Red critical numbers are before illusion and armor reduction.
modifier_bloodthorn_debuff: Dispellable with any dispel.[external_link offset=2]
- Does not directly amplify damage as it is dealt, but rather saves all damage values and deals 30% of it 5 seconds after cast.
- This means that the damage can be avoided by becoming spell immune or invulnerable/hidden at the end of the duration.
- The damage is applied as soon as the debuff expires. Dispelling the debuff, however, skips the damage entirely.
- Recasting Soul Rend on the same target refreshes the duration.
- Doing this delays the damage further, and gives more time to deal damage to the target.
- The damage is credited to the last caster of Soul Rend on the target.
- Only considers magical, physical and pure damage (after all reductions). Other sources of health loss are ignored.
- Applies Accuracy on the target, causing all attacks done against it to not miss to evasion or blind effects.
- The critical strike is only applied to attacks launched on a debuffed enemy. Previously launched attack projectiles are unaffected.
- In reverse, this also means that projectiles launched during the debuff still crit even when landing after it already expired.
- Shares cooldown with Orchid Malevolence.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Bloodthorn’s active ability, Soul Rend, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.
Affected by Bloodthorn
Damage at the end of Soul Rend